Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 16, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Nice to read your update, your tone is upbeat and positive, It seems the holiday did you good too.
The weight increase for your daughter is a huge positive step forward , thats massive in my opinion.
I understand you being a bit hesitant with not wanting to get too ahead and get carried away knowing your daughter is quite indecisive herself at times, but again her talking to her brother in the name she used to proves she is feeling more "herself" and remembering how to be herself and have fun if that makes sense?

It would be brilliant if on her birthday she does stick with the idea of wanting the family together, to me that is a huge step forward for her, its like she wants normality .

Hope these positives keep increasing, don't be disheartened if you take a few steps back as sometimes that needs to happen too.
Wishing you all the very best.
Old 10 Sep 16, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I can't imagine how hard this all must be for you all. Positive thoughts coming your way

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Daytonababe. Nothing agreed as yet. Consultant has applied for dd to be kept in priory to end october. Seemingly normally agree a short period after 18th birthday if there is a discharge plan. Adult is different funders. We want longer in priory . If cant get any longer, will probably just bring her home and try to manage but would be really tough.

scottishmum. Agree that first time dd called ds by his pet name, it was a real sign of improvement
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Just wanted to share my Facebook post from Monday night. So proud of the progress she is making

"So on 18th March . our daughter Emma was admitted to the Priory hospital in Altrincham with an eating disorder. She weighed a fraction under 6 stones. ( first picture taken a few weeks later) . She has put on over 2 stones and now weighs in excess of 8 stones. ( 2nd picture) . She and us have been through some really dark times during those 6 months - threatening suicide , attempting to run away from hospital , marking herself , drawing over herself, hitting herself with objects and against walls etc, halucinating , seeing dead people in front of her, being scared to go to sleep for fear of a plane landing on the hospital or there being a fire, refusing medication , barricading herself in her room ,being physically unable even to walk out of the hospital due to fear, she hasnt allowed some members of family to even visit her.
It is only for one night for now , but she is currently fast asleep in her bed in OUR house , for the first time since 18 March. She has an enormous amount of recovery to do before we have her back full time , but it is the first step. We are so proud of her - for however much it has been so difficult for me Rachel and Sam , I cant imagine what it is has been like for Emma
Keep fighting the illness Emma , we love you dearly and will support you through all your difficulties and help you grow into whatever you want to be"

buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

What a wonderful update - long may her recovery continue. Best wishes to you all
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Best of luck for the future to you and your family. Onwards and upwards. Lots of love x

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a wonderful update x
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Hugs to all of you, good luck to your precious daughter hope she is now in a good place xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to read this, no personal experience but I do know someone that was admitted to a unit at the same age as your daughter, hers was anorexia, her mom said the unit itself was fine in the sense it didn't feel like a unit more homely, her only gripe was that they weren't allowed to know most of what's going on as her daughter was over 16, I know they work on a reward system to earn privileges such as time on phones and visits home but that is about the extent of my knowledge sorry
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
kbabble
Helping Mickey

I'm so happy to hear she is making progress. All the best to you and your family
kbabble is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List