Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jul 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Keep at it, you may win but you may not. PE is lovely anyhow. I have paid in the £40's, the £50's and slightly more.
But I won't be held hostage to high prices and if they don't appear so be it.

I am watching a May 20 flight currently. Gone from the following for an upgrade £550, £542, £532. Today £850. Well guess what, I wont be paying that. But time is on my side and VA can drop the prices or raise them. But until they are under £150 I won't even sniff at them.
Really appreciate that advice. Thank you
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Keep at it, you may win but you may not. PE is lovely anyhow. I have paid in the £40's, the £50's and slightly more.
But I won't be held hostage to high prices and if they don't appear so be it.

I am watching a May 20 flight currently. Gone from the following for an upgrade £550, £542, £532. Today £850. Well guess what, I wont be paying that. But time is on my side and VA can drop the prices or raise them. But until they are under £150 I won't even sniff at them.
hi

Can you check online the upgrade fee if you have already booked using miles or do you have to call?

thanks
stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by stace View Post
hi

Can you check online the upgrade fee if you have already booked using miles or do you have to call?

thanks
stacey
Sadly no you can't see a price for a Miles to Miles upgrade.
What you can do is what I did yesterday. I suddenly spotted UC Miles flights had appeared whereas I had PE Miles flights booked. I know what the Miles difference is and I know the tax difference.
So I rung up, cancelled the one way Miles flights I already had, plus the Miles upgrade to UC going out and took it from there.

Bottom line is to monitor what's showing at that particular time and get in quick. Hang around and they are gone. Econ to PE is easy. PE to UC is hard.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:39 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Sadly no you can't see a price for a Miles to Miles upgrade.
What you can do is what I did yesterday. I suddenly spotted UC Miles flights had appeared whereas I had PE Miles flights booked. I know what the Miles difference is and I know the tax difference.
So I rung up, cancelled the one way Miles flights I already had, plus the Miles upgrade to UC going out and took it from there.

Bottom line is to monitor what's showing at that particular time and get in quick. Hang around and they are gone. Econ to PE is easy. PE to UC is hard.
Thanks

I will do i am always checking the app currently have man-mco pe and then mco-man eco so wanting to upgrade to pe on return flight so if i find the pe return flight - am i better off asking to cancel and rebook?

thanks
stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by stace View Post
Thanks

I will do i am always checking the app currently have man-mco pe and then mco-man eco so wanting to upgrade to pe on return flight so if i find the pe return flight - am i better off asking to cancel and rebook?

thanks
stacey
It depends how you booked. I rarely book return flights on Miles as it's easier to change 1 way flights. The £30 per person per leg fee to cancel can be the killer.
We had a complicated one for Nov. I used an Econ to PE voucher for 2 x 1 way tickets out. Upgraded to UC albeit you can't, but I did. Then we had 2 x separate Miles return flights. All cancelled and 2 x UC return flights now booked.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Ahh I see I suppose it would be worth asking? I bet they are sick of me checking things with them haha!

On the prowl for christmas flights too!

Stace
Old 24 Jul 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

It depends how you booked. I rarely book return flights on Miles as it's easier to change 1 way flights. The £30 per person per leg fee to cancel can be the killer.
We had a complicated one for Nov. I used an Econ to PE voucher for 2 x 1 way tickets out. Upgraded to UC albeit you can't, but I did. Then we had 2 x separate Miles return flights. All cancelled and 2 x UC return flights now booked.
Wow, I should think VA will be asking you for advice soon
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List