Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jul 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
So after parties are definitely a thing nowadays lol I don’t drink but would not force my views on my children. They live and learn. I just hope to guide them so they learn safely lol
I am actually getting quite anxious regarding the after party. My daughter is sensible but one never knows! My main concern is her diabetes... don’t think I will be sleeping tonight
You have said your daughter is sensible so I don’t think she’s likely to go crazy just because it’s an after prom party. Trust her and I’m sure she will stay sensible.

My daughter didn’t want to go to her prom so we went to New York for a holiday and she missed the prom. There were loads of after prom parties though, with the biggest one in a field being broken up by the police due to noise etc. She didn’t feel as if she missed much 😃

My daughter doesn’t drink alcohol at all and is going to university in September. She has no intention of starting to drink as she doesn’t like the taste and isn’t interested in going to bars or clubs. She is concerned that Freshers week may be difficult but is hoping that there will be others there who don’t go out drinking too. In our area most teenagers spend their weekends drinking and getting drunk, it’s the norm sadly
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
we went on the lash to blackpool for a week !

im with you be amazed if 16 year olds arn't in pubs by then anyway, i know i was..
No prom for me but I did go to Cyprus for two weeks with a couple of friends after my GCSEs. We were all 16 with no adults. No problem getting into pubs or checking into a hotels! Oh how times have changed! 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

My friends son and another friends daughter are going tonight and they are all having a after party at some rich kids big house with loads going until late... we were all talking about it last weekend at their house while having a BBQ.

My mates son, in his words, "is well looking forward to it," he said, he hopes he will get off proper with his girlfriend after the prom - to which a few of us said to him last weekend he needs to be careful and ask to borrow some condoms off his dad as he never gets to use them - ( our good friend / his mum was not impressed ).

But at the same time my other mates daughter is going too and she's always been the sensible type, though its hit my mate like a ton of bricks that his baby is growing up... We just remind him to watch American pie 😂😂

Sons and daughters eh !

Time will tell - all part of growing up - enjoy it while you can i say! (until my kids are that age!,)

Edited at 01:22 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

My son and his friends went to two after parties and then walked to Mc Donald’s as they were hungry before finally getting home at 6 am! It isn’t something he does on a regular basis though.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Why would that make it more civilised? I haven’t heard of any proms locally that weren’t civilised.
mixing the years and having it on a Wednesday makes it more civilised for the after parties - over half the kids have to be in school the next day - and a lot of the other half are in work.

The proms themselves are always civilised affairs.

You have to be a dedicated party animal to be rocking home at 5am on a Thursday morning - and not many parents want to host and to upset the neighbours that much on a work night
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Just as a matter of interest how many student on average per year
About 90-100 each year, and not everyone goes to prom. They usually hire a venue for 200 and do not fill it. (town hall for leavers ball - that sort of thing)

Y13 are allowed a "plus one".
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
mixing the years and having it on a Wednesday makes it more civilised for the after parties - over half the kids have to be in school the next day - and a lot of the other half are in work.

The proms themselves are always civilised affairs.

You have to be a dedicated party animal to be rocking home at 5am on a Thursday morning - and not many parents want to host and to upset the neighbours that much on a work night
Right 😂😂
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
You have said your daughter is sensible so I don’t think she’s likely to go crazy just because it’s an after prom party. Trust her and I’m sure she will stay sensible.

My daughter didn’t want to go to her prom so we went to New York for a holiday and she missed the prom. There were loads of after prom parties though, with the biggest one in a field being broken up by the police due to noise etc. She didn’t feel as if she missed much 😃

My daughter doesn’t drink alcohol at all and is going to university in September. She has no intention of starting to drink as she doesn’t like the taste and isn’t interested in going to bars or clubs. She is concerned that Freshers week may be difficult but is hoping that there will be others there who don’t go out drinking too. In our area most teenagers spend their weekends drinking and getting drunk, it’s the norm sadly
yeah i'd say thats the norm but not sure why sadly... we all did once upon a time
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
No prom for me but I did go to Cyprus for two weeks with a couple of friends after my GCSEs. We were all 16 with no adults. No problem getting into pubs or checking into a hotels! Oh how times have changed! 😂

Kat
Cyprus ! you must have had a canny paper round, plenty tips..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Cyprus ! you must have had a canny paper round, plenty tips..
Haha something like that! 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List