Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jul 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Pavilion1983 View Post
Do you have legal advice included in either your house or car insurance? I found them so useful when I had to return a car that the manufacturer wouldn’t repair faults as the previous owner hadn’t serviced the car correctly, even though the book was stamped (oil and filters were still the originals and never changed)
We haven't thought about this, but will check. Thanks so much.
we're very grateful for all ideas and other peoples experiences as I'm sure this is going to be difficult.
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Mobile

A bit random but do you mind me asking which car it is as these issues seem very similar to a ford EcoBoost we had.

Engine coolant leaked into the head gasket and the engine failed. Then there were problems with the clutch.

Had an absolute nightmare with Ford, the car was 3 years old with 26,000 miles on the clock.
Old 23 Jul 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
A bit random but do you mind me asking which car it is as these issues seem very similar to a ford EcoBoost we had.

Engine coolant leaked into the head gasket and the engine failed. Then there were problems with the clutch.

Had an absolute nightmare with Ford, the car was 3 years old with 26,000 miles on the clock.

I also had issues with a ford and eco boost engine, clutch went in first year which was crazy.
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Every focus we've had at work as response vehicles have had failed clutch bearings within 10-15,000 miles
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post

I dont mind atall, it's a Ford Focus diesel, 1600
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine was a cmax brand new
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LadyAurora View Post
I dont mind atall, it's a Ford Focus diesel, 1600
If you are on facebook, have a look at this page. It's mainly to do with the ecoboost but I'm sure there were some diesel engines that have failed too

m.facebook/groups/173883...56787244642 7
Old 23 Jul 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’m not sure where the finance comes into it? What would you do if it wasn’t on finance?

If you would trade it in you can still do that. They will clear the balance when you part exchange. You don’t have to wait out the finance before you change cars.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I’m not sure where the finance comes into it? What would you do if it wasn’t on finance?

If you would trade it in you can still do that. They will clear the balance when you part exchange. You don’t have to wait out the finance before you change cars.
If you have a car on finance and it's a lemon you can reject it, is give it back to the finance company with no penalty using the CCA.

If you had paid cash for it you would end up having to pay to repair it or sell it, either way you'd be looking at a loss
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

My experience was with a convertible micra whose roof leaked badly - like I could have had a shower in the car, badly.

It went back and forward a few times and they "tried" repairing it, but after 6 weeks we said enough was enough. Did end up having to go to social media to get a decent resolution, though. They posted about "Enjoying the summer weather? Come look at our convertibles" - so Chris put them on blast. Was sorted within a week of that!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List