Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 May 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Mobile

Is this instead of your big hand luggage bag?
I’m just asking as your personal item / handbag needs to go under the seat in front really, not in the overhead locker.

I take a rolling suitcase and a rucksack for my personal item/handbag.

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
Is this instead of your big hand luggage bag?
I’m just asking as your personal item / handbag needs to go under the seat in front really, not in the overhead locker.

I take a rolling suitcase and a rucksack for my personal item/handbag.
Why? none of us have ever done that? We just rake out what we need then put our bag in the overhead.
Old 20 May 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I used a Longchamp Le Pliage bag (see photo). Large enough to fit in:
A4 concertina file (which was pretty full)
A magazine
A book (albeit a thin one)
Hairbrush
Ziplock bag with liquids in
Over-ear earphones (folding ones)
Charger for my phone
I also took a small handbag for purse, passports, sweets & another couple of bits.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post

We have a couple of the rock Madison BA second luggage bag. fits under the seat in front.

Ideal, but not necessarily something you would wish to use as a handbag for general use.

amazon/Rock-Madiso...630357031&th=1

They fit a medium packing cube and A4 folder plus other stuff bits n bobs too.

But if buying a bag for the plane and life I would be looking at either Mia tui, or longchamp.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Another vote for Mia Tui the one I have is Zoe I think I bought it as part of a travel bundle so got a set of packing cubes and a fold up hold-all free . I would recommend mine is smaller than the Jen but big enough for everything I need

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TORIMS View Post
Another Mia Tui fan here! They have loads of suitable travel bags and back packs, and they are really reasonably priced.

Vicki x
Originally Posted by TartanTink View Post
Another vote for Mia Tui the one I have is Zoe I think I bought it as part of a travel bundle so got a set of packing cubes and a fold up hold-all free . I would recommend mine is smaller than the Jen but big enough for everything I need
I keep looking at the mini Jen but worry that it might look a bit plastic-y - does it look decent quality or like a cheap bag? Also, the handles, are they quite sturdy as I often have several kg's in my hand bag and wouldn't want the handles to break!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi

I have a Kipling Kos and it is perfect for travelling fits under the seat if needed and plenty of space for a A4 folder in the main part and also two front pockets. Also has a slipover at the back to go over a suitcase handle. Has been used for many holidays, put in the washing machine and it is like new every time.

kipling/int/kos-m-22...90000-999.html
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
I keep looking at the mini Jen but worry that it might look a bit plastic-y - does it look decent quality or like a cheap bag? Also, the handles, are they quite sturdy as I often have several kg's in my hand bag and wouldn't want the handles to break!
I’ve got the mini Jen in rose gold and took it to Orlando in April on its first flight and it was brilliant! I did think like you but once I’d received it I could see it’s great quality and the handles are really strong but comfy. I also took an Isobel as my purse and used it all time whilst there for trips to the supermarket and malls. Also got a folding Newport which I ended up using as my cabin bag on the way back as we needed a few things out of the cases

At home I have a Sydney for work and a molly and partner took her Maya backpack on the plane. Also have a few shopper bags and a Lottie x body eek, just realised that’s quite a lot only got my first one earlier this year! Their return policy is good so if you don’t like it when it arrives you’ll be able to return it.
Old 20 May 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
I’ve got the mini Jen in rose gold and took it to Orlando in April on its first flight and it was brilliant! I did think like you but once I’d received it I could see it’s great quality and the handles are really strong but comfy. I also took an Isobel as my purse and used it all time whilst there for trips to the supermarket and malls. Also got a folding Newport which I ended up using as my cabin bag on the way back as we needed a few things out of the cases

At home I have a Sydney for work and a molly and partner took her Maya backpack on the plane. Also have a few shopper bags and a Lottie x body eek, just realised that’s quite a lot only got my first one earlier this year! Their return policy is good so if you don’t like it when it arrives you’ll be able to return it.
so you're still on the fence about Mia Tui then lol!
Seriously tho' thanks for that, it's very reassuring - I never spend a lot on bags but also hate cheap looking ones
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
so you're still on the fence about Mia Tui then lol!
Seriously tho' thanks for that, it's very reassuring - I never spend a lot on bags but also hate cheap looking ones
I know I’m terrible! They have offers all the time it’s so tempting