Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 May 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Did they not realise when they bought the tickets that they had too many days,and then would be short of spending money .Do they think they will have enough?
Old 31 May 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
What about the old 'park at disney springs for free and get a free bus to the park's - this coupled with a cheap entry level car may help
Problem with this is that the aren't any buses from the Springs to the Parks
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
Problem with this is that the aren't any buses from the Springs to the Parks
No but u can go to the poly and get to mk or epcot.
U can go to the boardwalk and get boat to HS.
Akl to ak.

Now i wouldnt want to do that as u d spend alot of time travelling but it is possible.
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

If you can change the hotel to the Residence Inn at SeaWorld it includes breakfast free. They also do free transport to the parks. All rooms have a kitchenette with fridge/freezer, microwave etc.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jovial
Imagineer

jovial's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
At a rough price out that’s less than 50 dollars a day , I really hate to add to everyone else’s opinions but I really don’t think it could be done , I suggest they really cut back at home for the next 7 weeks before they go ,it would be easier to do here at home cooking cheaper meals and trying to boost their money
jovial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Is there any flexibility in their choice of hotel, parks, Clearwater. It seems they’ve gone to town getting every ticket and run out or money. My daughter is a student and has just flown to Florida yesterday for a long weekend and took thinks like individually wrapped flapjacks and cereal bars to save money. They could maybe do something like that and eat cheap atbthe likes of cicis wherever possible.
Can they get the all day meal deal at seaworld? And they’ll get fed at discovery cove. Also drink free water in the parks will save money too.
Having said that though I think they’ll have to find some more money or they’ll be pretty miserable
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can they take all their snacks, cereal, coffee, tea, jam , sweets biscuits etc with them we always take a couple of cases of stuff if staying in a villa will save them an arm and a leg
Old 31 May 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KirstF
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I would be cutting back now on the daily spends so that i could have some more spending money that is so so tight i don't know if they will manage it? It's a shame they dont have a bit more so they dont have to worry as much.
I would pop a few pot noodles ans multi packs of crisps and snacks in the suitcase just to save on those lunchtime bites for a few of the days!
Its nice that you're helping them plan you will have to keep us posted on how they did with their budget when they get back!
KirstF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

It could be done. Take cereal. Make a packed lunch. Wendy’s for dinner from the 2 for $3 menu. Culvers free basket meal with another meal purchased. Steak ‘n Shake with groupon offer.

Take cuppa soups and cereal bars. Box up leftovers for next day lunch. Blaze pizza to share one night. Possible yes. Enjoyable is another question.

Sending them a pixie dust lotto ticket. Xx
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I actually disagree with the majority of people on here - it is doable.

There room has a fridge and microwave - bring cereals, tea and coffee, cooler bag and squash cereal bars/multipack crisps from home.

Not sure if transfers from airport are included but lynx bus goes from airport $2 to i-drive - free single trasnfer included so can switch to bus to their hotel on that which is cheaper than a $35 uber.

First day they arrive get an uber to walmart and back to do a shop for milk, juice, bread, cheese, ham, water and yoghurts etc around $20 - uber either way should be about $7

Buy lynx 1 week bus pass its $16 for 7 days unlimited use get bus from outside seaworld to TTC and transfer to bus, boat or monorail to the park you want to visit - cheaper than the hotel transport and to be honest most hotel transfer drop u to TTC anyways.

Breakfast in room each day, sandwich, water and snacks in cooler to take to park

Meals out - eat at lunch time its normally cheaper esp if your going to buffets - dennys and ihop and a few other places do an over 50s special. They can even buy 1 entree and a side as a lot of meals are massive - cici's is super cheap and you can usually pick up coupons r groupons for it. It's easily manageable to eat for under $25 for 2 per day. Order a pizza in one evening cost will be about $15 but enough to have for lunch or evening meal the following day easily.

They can also get the lynx from TTC up the 192 to publix, walmart or even aldis to do a top up shop after a trip to the park.

BTW we always use the lynx system to get around as Im the only driver and dislike driving on the wrong side of the road and we have no problems with them my mum and niece are both disabled and dont mind doing them. Buses have air con, are comfy, the drivers usually helpful and they have free wifi too.

So long as they are careful they should be okay if its what they want to do

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List