Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jun 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Tips for a late deal in September or October?

We’re in the position that we had booked a week at POR with free dining, $300 gift card, etc. last year and it’s coming up to the point where we either need to pay it or cancel. We’re probably leaning towards cancelling due to a busy year, however, I’m wondering if we would be better doing this and looking out for a late deal?

Does anyone have any tips? We can pretty much go anytime in September or October (work permitting) and preferably from Glasgow or Edinburgh although I’d consider going down South if there was a big enough saving.

I’ve been looking at Thomas Cook package holidays (would prefer MCO which rules Tui out) and at the moment the best deal is £974pp for 2 weeks at Art of Animation at the beginning of September which seems alright although how low could this possibly go?
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

We have had two cheap (for WDW) holiday last minute with TUI both in September, one we booked 3 weeks before we went (and got the adr's and fp's we wanted!) & we at the time didn't realise just how cheap it was at just over £800 each including flights, 14 day tickets, car and staying at Coronado Springs! I just read on another post some just got a TUI 2 weeks going next week for £1600 for the 3 of them!
If you go on the TUI site look on the right hand side it says something like Late Deals
Old 23 Jun 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
We have had two cheap (for WDW) holiday last minute with TUI both in September, one we booked 3 weeks before we went (and got the adr's and fp's we wanted!) & we at the time didn't realise just how cheap it was at just over £800 each including flights, 14 day tickets, car and staying at Coronado Springs! I just read on another post some just got a TUI 2 weeks going next week for £1600 for the 3 of them!
If you go on the TUI site look on the right hand side it says something like Late Deals
Thanks for this! I’ll take a look...only thing is I’d prefer MCO as we tend not to drive over there but wouldn’t rule it out if the price was right
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishgirl87 View Post
Thanks for this! I’ll take a look...only thing is I’d prefer MCO as we tend not to drive over there but wouldn’t rule it out if the price was right
Sandford with an uber is easy and reasonable price so dont rule it out
Old 24 Jun 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If transfers are the reason you want MCO then TUI are including coach transfers in their package holidays to most hotels and this is in leiu of the free hire car and this will be detailed on the last page of the booking process.

Personally TUI is my favourite airline to fly to Orlando with and give me Sanford over MCO any day of the week.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by steviet78 View Post
If transfers are the reason you want MCO then TUI are including coach transfers in their package holidays to most hotels and this is in leiu of the free hire car and this will be detailed on the last page of the booking process.

Personally TUI is my favourite airline to fly to Orlando with and give me Sanford over MCO any day of the week.
Oh didn’t realise that, thanks!
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by steviet78 View Post

We prefer Tui as well - the big plus is the local airports, saves me an overnight stay and the awful drive back from Manchester to Nottingham. Unfortunately, they are stopping the EMA flights next year, so it will be Doncaster or Birmingham for me.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
Unfortunately, they are stopping the EMA flights next year, so it will be Doncaster or Birmingham for me.
they are?!?!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
they are?!?!
Yes, I'm gutted - really don't know why. It looks like Wednesday and Saturday flights from Birmingham and Friday flights from Doncaster. Manchester is Tuesday and Friday - but no East Midlands. Been flying from there for quite a few years, so will miss it.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Dont expect anything to go down at all in September and October due to Star Wars so provided you are happy with the prices I’d book what you can
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List