Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jul 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Rose
Proud to wear my Ears

August 2020 £800 pp - realistic or not?

Question for all you seasoned Disney travellers: Is £800 per person for next August 14 nights realistic? That's flights, accommodation and car hire

We're wanting to keep costs down and happy to fly indirect as youngest child will be 11. Flying from Manchester 1st preference, London airports 2nd and then anywhere else if price is right

Just need clean accommodation 3* or above, good value either Lake Beuna Vista area or I Drive, but will do other areas, not too fussy about loads of amenities though pool required.

What do you all think?

Edited at 07:27 PM.
Yorkshire Rose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Most definitely given you are prepared to go indirect. We got back on Thu and our per person cost was well below that for what you have specified.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

TBH I’d expect to pay that much for (direct) flights maybe even more in August. I can’t see you getting accommodation and a car as well. The last time we had a car was several years ago in August and that was £500 for a 7 seater and I spent months stalking to get it at that price. So I’m afraid I think that’s an unrealistic target figure. I don’t fly indirect though so maybe wrong.
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

So £2400 all in.
Say £400 for your car
It’s not hard to get flights for £500 each and it’s possible to get them for as little as £350 if you are very very lucky and can cope with hand baggage but it’s not typical.

Based on £500 each that would leave £500 for 2 weeks accommodation which is not impossible but it would be very budget.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Rose
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks guys, 3 different replies lol

We could stretch the budget to £1000 pp and I'm happy to do lots of research in order to find best prices
Yorkshire Rose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP I’m sorry to say that I think that would be pretty tight.
Flight prices tend to be lower from about 17/8 but I still think that if you want to include hold luggage/prebook seats you’ll have to be looking at indirect flights. Even then you may need to be prepared to fly into an airport other than Orlando eg Tampa/Miami for the keenest prices. Would that work for you?
Car hire costs can vary significantly, do you have a size of vehicle in mind? Do you need more than one driver?
Accommodation would be “budget” but could be c£50/nt somewhere like Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando. What type of accommodation are you hoping for? The more stars/better location/bigger the more expensive it will be sadly, but we all have our tipping point.
Have you tried pricing things up separately for this year to give you an idea of how current prices sit versus budget?
I’m guessing that your park tickets are from a separate budget, but if you’re on a really tight budget I think you may be best to do either Disney, or Universal, or Discovery cove etc. In a straight 2 week holiday time and budget may be a little tight to do it all. HTH.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Rose
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
Most definitely given you are prepared to go indirect. We got back on Thu and our per person cost was well below that for what you have specified.
Do you mind sharing a breakdown?
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I paid 950pp we leave in a week and hotel includes bfast.
We have car for 300 (small car for 2 pax)
Flying va gatwick to mco.
Hth
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Rose View Post
Do you mind sharing a breakdown?
I’m happy to tell you what I paid this year,
Flights- Indirect to Fort Lauderdale 1 stop. £230 per person. We are 2 adults 5 kids.
Car Hire £532 Dodge Grand Caravan booked through Auto Europe. For 3 of you this would be a bit cheaper as we need a Minivan.
Dibb Villa £1000.
Again you are looking for LBV, we had Holiday Inn LBV booked with free cancellation which was a family suite although for 3 a standard room would be fine. The family suite was similar to Villa price, standard room cheaper.
The key is getting decent flight prices and being flexible. We went for 16 nights as that was cheapest.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sioux
Apprentice Imagineer

I think it will be tight but indirect flights will help to keep costs down. If you can go late August that will be better. Also try looking for accommodation through Airbnb; you might be pleasantly surprised at what you can get for your budget.
Sioux is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List