Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jul 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Scott_W
slightly serious Dibber

Handbag and carry on bag allowed on TUI premium ?

Hi all

Currently in Florida don’t fly back till next week but moving to Universal tomorrow. So been doing a bit of packing now .

Is my wife allowed a handbag as well as a carry on bag (10kg) for carry on does anyone know ?

Flying with TUI premium

Thanks
Scott

Edited at 08:58 PM.
Scott_W is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

No, the website says one piece of hand luggage up to 10kgs and a handbag or items bought at the airport must fit inside
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Scott_W
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
No, the website says one piece of hand luggage up to 10kgs and a handbag or items bought at the airport must fit inside
Thank you for your reply

Scott
Scott_W is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

I put my handbag in my hand luggage until I am through security, I then put everything I may need on the flight in my hand bag and my carry on goes in the overhead
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Cliftonite
Serious Dibber

I asked the same question in the TUI shop last week and they said just make sure the handbag will fit in your hand luggage. After Security (both UK side & USA side) you should be ok to have them separate.

2008 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2011 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2013 WL (2 weeks) ~~~ 2018 OKW & Portofino
Cliftonite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cliftonite View Post
I asked the same question in the TUI shop last week and they said just make sure the handbag will fit in your hand luggage. After Security (both UK side & USA side) you should be ok to have them separate.
This is what I don't understand. Airlines have different allowances and even different classes on the same airline can have different allowances.
Security has no idea what flight you are on, nor which class you are travelling. So how would they know whether you are allowed a separate handbag.
It doesn't make sense to me.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have been wondering this same thing ! We are going hand luggage only but would have also liked my handbag for passports, phone etc. We won’t need to check in as will do this online. I was thinking I would only need to slip my handbag in to my cabin case when I was boarding. I didn’t think security would be interested in how many items I had ?
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
floridaphil
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by johnb View Post
This is what I don't understand. Airlines have different allowances and even different classes on the same airline can have different allowances.
Security has no idea what flight you are on, nor which class you are travelling. So how would they know whether you are allowed a separate handbag.
Quite a lot doesn't make sense regarding air travel. Nothing to do with allowances but last year we stupidly put cutlery in our hand luggage and what a carry on (no pun intended) it was to get sorted, security was adamant that knives cant be taken into the cabin for obvious reasons. The food was served, metal knives supplied, you couldn't make it up.
floridaphil is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
stevekath
Imagineer

Originally Posted by johnb View Post
Security won't know but the staff at the Sanford TUI check-in desk will. I've seen them be very stringent on weight allowances and also been asked to show how many hand luggage items we had, whereas other times they haven't even asked how many hand luggage items we had. We have special assistance approval to have an extra hand luggage bag for DH's medication. Sometimes we have been asked about it and we had to tell them it was pre-arranged on the booking. Other times they haven't even asked or queried it.

As others have already posted I would make sure a handbag fits into a bigger hand luggage bag, and remove the handbag later. That's what I'm doing this year too

stevekath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridaphil View Post
Quite a lot doesn't make sense regarding air travel. Nothing to do with allowances but last year we stupidly put cutlery in our hand luggage and what a carry on (no pun intended) it was to get sorted, security was adamant that knives cant be taken into the cabin for obvious reasons. The food was served, metal knives supplied, you couldn't make it up.
Yet knitting needles are allowed and could do a lot of damage!