Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jul 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Assume you don't have a car or can't get to Walgreens or CVS easily? You can buy enough pain killers cheaply over the counter there to last a year.

Joan has joined the CVS club and regularly gets discounts of up to 40% off to her mobile - syncs with a bar code card that she has.

Mick
No we don't have a car as none of us are confident enough to drive over there!

Last year I got a horrendous cold and was really struggling. A cast member suggested us popping to Walgreens to stock up on relief but our only option was an Uber which would have cost us quite a bit to get there and then get back. It ended up working out cheaper to buy bits from the hotel store, but still not ideal

For example cough sweets over here are like 80p, in the hotel shop they were 2 dollars a pack!

Edited at 01:54 PM.
stormflm595 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsDoobyDuck View Post
If hiring a car, we take a bright coloured piece of material to tie on the aerial, trying to find your car in a sea of cars that look the same after a long day in the parks can be very tiring !
Not so easy now as most have sharks fin aerials.
Just keep pressing the keyfob untilyour Car toots back at you
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumsy554
Gone all Goofy

I had never considered taking duct tape / parcel tape but coming home from Orlando last year the zip on one of our cases broke completely . We managed to get some parcel tape from a guy in customer services (after i told him i wasn't looking to claim anything ! ),just needed something to keep all the contents of the case from spilling out.If I go on holiday again would definitely have some in my bag.
Also definitely take Tetley teabags 😀
Mumsy554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lulu-Belle View Post
This was one of the best tips i got a few years ago from this site and now i tell all my friends to take an extension lead where you can charge 4 things and only need the one adaptor.
Or just get an international usb charger. No need for extensions.

amazon/dp/B07HYYQ9...v_ov_lig_dp_it
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Picklepuppy View Post
I’m always amazed at these lists! I literally take nothing on them! I obviously take my clothes and first aid bits and pieces but all the other stuff I just buy if I need it!
Same here! We always have a hire car so its easy to pop the supermarket if we need anything.

"Travel light" is my motto!
Djcraigod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
Is the power bank lightweight?
The one I have is the Anker PowerCore 10000 - it's definitely heavier than my previous, but I can get at least 2-3 full charges out of it, and we have 2 phones and USB-powered fans with us so I don't mind a little extra bulk. Plus I've decided to forego the separate camera and just use my phone, so the weight trades out in the end! There are smaller models available, it will just depend on your phone habits!
katie786 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

First aid kit goes on every holiday. It's easy enough to buy things wherever you go, but when you've got a cracking headache, or your child has just fallen over and grazed their knee, you don't really want to have to wait for someone to go to the shops to buy supplies. Just find it much easier to bring a stock of commonly/frequently used items with me and then buy anything out of the ordinary if needed.

I say this because I am a clumsy individual, and my DD seems to have inherited the same trait from me! lol
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Mobile

If you’re staying in a Disney hotel we found the extension lead, hanging fold up shelves and a mini circular clothes airer to hang in bathroom for swim wear invaluable 😊
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clarkd3 View Post
If you’re staying in a Disney hotel we found the extension lead, hanging fold up shelves and a mini circular clothes airer to hang in bathroom for swim wear invaluable 😊
One of these ? I get mine in a Pound shop.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas.
I''ve checked through, what i have and have taken tips from here of items we haven't. I have a big list of shopping tomorrow!
We're in a villa, have a car and additional luggage allowance, the plan being to buy cheap here and dump some things there wen no longer required!