Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jul 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I remember reading somewhere that Disney had paid the family a massive settlement and another for the sibling of the little boy.
Yes I heard this too. Disney are the masters of making things go away to preserve “the magic”
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I have little knowledge about what actually did happen on that dreadful day when the poor child died. However it is a personal decision if one should sue or not and who am I to pontificate on whether they are right or wrong as I don't know the full facts, only what the media has reported.

However what came back to me straight away was the story of Matt and Melissa Graves of Omaha, Nebraska. They are the bereaved Parents of Lane who was the little boy killed by an alligator at WDW. They decided to focus on their family and not drag the issue through the Courts. I applaud their decision. That was a tragic and very sad accident. Nothing more, nothing less.
Think that’s a little naive Tom although I guess it suits Disney
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
I have been on Independance of the seas twice and explorer of the seas once and both had these sliding windows.

Now if you look from 10 to 15 feet away you quickly realise that some windows are open however if you are for a length of time situated at a table near these windows you wouldn't actually see they are open or not.

I'm not trying to defend the actions of the grandfather however when we in a group of 5 adults were sitting at the windows in Villefrance in the med the air was so calm you couldn't tell and I was so sure my family couldn't tell that I actually said

"Watch me punch through the window" I remember it clear as day as they were shocked when I put my hand through the open window. From 10 to 15 feet away the windows are tinted but stand next to one and you don't see it. We were there for 15 minutes before I did the trick. I too was amazed that there was an open window as in port there is no wind sometimes especially in the med.

People are quick to judge however a family seated next to a kids play area would not have expected a window to be open as on newer ships the windows tilt and turn and are fitted with safety latches to prevent this.
Really really interesting . I feel I've been banging a solo drum but this crystallises my opinion.

If I was a lawyer , putting emotions to one side , I would love to take this case on .
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Really really interesting . I feel I've been banging a solo drum but this crystallises my opinion.

If I was a lawyer , putting emotions to one side , I would love to take this case on .
I’m not going to go into the legalities or rights/wrongs in here but believe me most lawyers wouldn’t want to take this on