Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jul 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minshus View Post
It's 11% over 3 years, not in 1 year, just to clarify. BA are seeking an injunction to stop the strike action.
Still not bad considering Pilots aren't underpaid. They don't get sympathy from me. 1% capped for years for me and always partly unconsolidated bonus rather than an actual year on year 1%.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Grace_1412
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it all goes well. I had to call BA to link our car booking to our Avis account on sunday and the woman I spoke to seemed to think that long haul wouldn't feel too much of an impact in regards to Heathrow strikes apparently Heathrow have assured BA that everything will be fine! I wish no one were impacted but worst case if they can take care of long haul it'll be easier to rearrange short haul.
Spoke to them earlier, no contingency invoked and they will see how things progress over the next 2 days. this means if I want to re-route it will be at our cost. The LHR-MIA may not be impacted but we need to get to LHR via a flight from NCL earlier in the day. Might need some hastely booked train tickets on Friday
Grace_1412 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Rossmasa
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Grace_1412 View Post
We fly on Saturday from Heathrow (I hope) on the second day of the first Unite strike action. Going to ring BA tomorrow to see the options
The Earliest they can strike is 6th August at the moment , if your flight is this Saturday you wouldn't be affected.

Your return flight might be a different matter , a bit like us we fly on the 31st so know we should be okay on the way out.
Caribbean Beach Resort August 2016
Coronado Springs Resort August 2014, 2015, 2017 2018, 2019 (Gran Destino)
Art Of Animation December 2021 2022
Pop Century May 2023 & Christmas New Year 2023/2024
Rossmasa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Welshjim22 View Post
Still not bad considering Pilots aren't underpaid. They don't get sympathy from me. 1% capped for years for me and always partly unconsolidated bonus rather than an actual year on year 1%.
There’s quite a bit of history for the pilots in terms of pay, dating back to pay cuts taken years ago that BA never reinstated.

Without getting into the rights and wrongs of it, I’m a bit surprised BA is taking on BALPA so aggressively, the pilots are the one group that can bring the airline to its knees. Then again, Mr Walsh has always taken a “union-busting” approach to industrial relations. I would expect BA to concede further in the end, which may or may not be enough to satisfy the pilots.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
We fly on the 8th Heathrow to Miami. I’m trying to think positive, so I’m not worrying yet. Tbh what will be will be, so worrying isn’t going to change anything. We have a flight booked at 7am for the morning after we land in Miami, going to Salt Lake City and booked separately with Delta. If we miss that then I’m afraid we might lose our money. I’m trying to check with our insurance as we speak.
We are also flying Heathrow to Miami on 8th August. I am hoping and praying we aren't affected.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney20152
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Grace_1412 View Post
Spoke to them earlier, no contingency invoked and they will see how things progress over the next 2 days. this means if I want to re-route it will be at our cost. The LHR-MIA may not be impacted but we need to get to LHR via a flight from NCL earlier in the day. Might need some hastely booked train tickets on Friday
We are also NCL-LHR-MIA. Fingers crossed the MIA flight isn’t affected. I am just hoping they give us sufficient notice to make alternative arrangements to London and that they cover the cost ! X
Disney20152 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace_1412
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Rossmasa View Post
The Earliest they can strike is 6th August at the moment , if your flight is this Saturday you wouldn't be affected.

Your return flight might be a different matter , a bit like us we fly on the 31st so know we should be okay on the way out.

We wont be affected by the BA pilot strike but will by the Unite Heathrow strike. Pilot strike may hit us on the way back... happy days
Grace_1412 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney20152 View Post
We are also NCL-LHR-MIA. Fingers crossed the MIA flight isn’t affected. I am just hoping they give us sufficient notice to make alternative arrangements to London and that they cover the cost ! X
We are doing this route also flying out on the 12 th August. Fingers crossed that they get this sorted or worse case scenario they give us plenary of notice to get to Heathrow.
We discussed train from Durham but if delayed on way back sienna to strike there would be an issue getting back on the train tickets
Old 23 Jul 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney20152
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnny1352 View Post
We are doing this route also flying out on the 12 th August. Fingers crossed that they get this sorted or worse case scenario they give us plenary of notice to get to Heathrow.
We discussed train from Durham but if delayed on way back sienna to strike there would be an issue getting back on the train tickets
I’m hoping that if this is even option we fly out from Heathrow but keep our return flight to Newcastle . Don’t see why they couldn’t do that ? I may consider a hire car too as we have 3 young children and I’m not sure how you get from kings cross to Heathrow ? X
Disney20152 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney20152 View Post
I’m hoping that if this is even option we fly out from Heathrow but keep our return flight to Newcastle . Don’t see why they couldn’t do that ? I may consider a hire car too as we have 3 young children and I’m not sure how you get from kings cross to Heathrow ? X
It’s all up in the air at the minute and I can’t fancy landing at Heathrow and having to drive back home if we use our car to drive down initially to get there. Only other option is rail travel but do you book one way or return.
Lots of variables at the minute and the more notice they can give the better for all concerned.