Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jun 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Doors open - 5pm, and Hospitality doors are also 5pm;
Concert commences - The Main Act begins at 6.30pm;

Finish - 10.30pm.
This is from the website
Sunset girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkjojo
Excited about Disney

Above is what the residents have received from Anfield.

There is a small car park on Utting Avenue (facing the Co Op) which is open (think it’s around £10 a car). Please note that the residents parking zone dates have been extended until the end of June and the traffic wardens were all out issuing fines when Take That played the other week. It’s already busy around here and people have been parking up since 8am this morning. Hope you all enjoy the concert, been listening to sound checks for a while.

Edited at 03:15 PM.
Pinkjojo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

I thought the sound was a bit off last night, but that could of been where we were seated in the new stand..
all in all a great concert and a great venue!
We parked at the bingo off county road and walked through Stanley park
Did anyone have any issues getting to Anfield from town? I read that there were some issues with the buses

Edited at 02:26 PM.
Sunset girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
I thought the sound was a bit off last night, but that could of been where we were seated in the new stand..
all in all a great concert and a great venue!
We parked at the bingo off county road and walked through Stanley park
Did anyone have any issues getting to Anfield from town? I read that there were some issues with the buses
We were ok getting the bus there, and left before the encore so we’re fine getting back (I know we probably missed the best bit!)

My brother came to meet us later on as he had to work, he said the queue for the busses was huge but he got to us fairly quickly.

I thought Bon Jovi were amazing, but I don’t think I would attend another concert at Anfield.

The ratio of pitch available for general standing was way too small. We were eligible for standing, but if our section had gone down there we would have been crushed. I saw a fight break out (happens) but security took so long to get to them it was ridiculous - especially considering they were pretty much next to it!

Only 1 till on the entire row of snack bars was taking cash, again ridiculous as all of them were open. Why were they only taking cards?

Finally, the sound and accoustics were really bad - in fact completely shocking in parts!

I’ve been to concerts at the Ethiad and Old Trafford Cricket Ground, as well as other outdoor venues and they’ve always handled it so much better.

It’s a shame really, although my Dad really enjoyed himself so that was a good thing
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
We were ok getting the bus there, and left before the encore so we’re fine getting back (I know we probably missed the best bit!)

My brother came to meet us later on as he had to work, he said the queue for the busses was huge but he got to us fairly quickly.

I thought Bon Jovi were amazing, but I don’t think I would attend another concert at Anfield.

The ratio of pitch available for general standing was way too small. We were eligible for standing, but if our section had gone down there we would have been crushed. I saw a fight break out (happens) but security took so long to get to them it was ridiculous - especially considering they were pretty much next to it!

Only 1 till on the entire row of snack bars was taking cash, again ridiculous as all of them were open. Why were they only taking cards?

Finally, the sound and accoustics were really bad - in fact completely shocking in parts!

I’ve been to concerts at the Ethiad and Old Trafford Cricket Ground, as well as other outdoor venues and they’ve always handled it so much better.

It’s a shame really, although my Dad really enjoyed himself so that was a good thing
So glad I didn’t go this time from the sound of it.

I don’t know how many Bon Jovi concerts I’ve been to over the last 20 years or so but it’s been every time they’ve been in the UK in that time. This time, I just wasn’t paying the cheapest price for what we assumed would be rubbish setting up in the ‘gods’. We went to a Bon Jovi show at Etihad a good few years ago and we were on the very top/back row and had no idea what song was being played/sung as we could not hear a thing! We walked out half way through the concert and I wasn’t prepared to pay a fortune for a decent ticket at this show.

Although I still love their songs, I think the days of going to see them live are now gone.
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay

Edited at 08:40 PM.
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by batleyboy26 View Post
So glad I didn’t go this time from the sound of it.

I don’t know how many Bon Jovi concerts I’ve been to over the last 20 years or so but it’s been every time they’ve been in the UK in that time. This time, I just wasn’t paying the cheapest price for what we assumed would be rubbish setting up in the ‘gods’. We went to a Bon Jovi show at Etihad a good few years ago and we were on the very top/back row and had no idea what song was being played/sung as we could not hear a thing! We walked out half way through the concert and I wasn’t prepared to pay a fortune for a decent ticket at this show.

Although I still love their songs, I think the days of going to see them live are now gone.
Don’t get me wrong with all my moaning, the band themselves were great. That stadium just isn’t suitable (in my opinion) for concerts. They certainly weren’t prepared.

I’d go see them again, just god I didn’t get tickets for Pink!

If you had golden circle you would’ve been great. There was a ton of room!
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Don’t get me wrong with all my moaning, the band themselves were great. That stadium just isn’t suitable (in my opinion) for concerts. They certainly weren’t prepared.

I’d go see them again, just god I didn’t get tickets for Pink!

If you had golden circle you would’ve been great. There was a ton of room!
I’m not surprised there was a ton of room in the gold circle - the tickets in there were SOOO expensive. The cheapest tickets were in excess of £100!
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Wow really?

They clearly hadn’t sold many, but the pitch was split 50/50 between gold circle and general standing. The general standing also had 2 sets of scaffolding areas in for lighting, cameras, security etc so you can imaging how much more cramped it was!

Honestly, it was such a good job that not everyone entitled to general standing decided to stand. There were WAY more people than there was space. Every row of unallocated seating was full, and they were all eligible to stand there