Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
QuickSilver

Unread 6 May 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Dancing with Tink'

anyone planning or booked for christmas at DLP?

so we went to DLP last year and are now trying to save up for florida in 2020. But im missing my Disney fix... i've had a look at Disneyland Paris at Christmas looks fun!

Anyone have any info on the likely crowd levels? i'm slightly nervous about how cold it will be to.

We would stay at the Davy Crockett ranch. are the cabins warm enough?

do you think it would take the shine off WDW in 2021 (once in a lifetime trip... )
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
planning a magica xmas at DLP
Unread 6 May 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Do you mean for Christmas or around Christmas?
Christmas is very, very busy, but the days after (27th onwards) are the busiest weve ever experienced and weve been during most school holiday times.
All the locals seem to descend after the festivities of Christmas itself, it was shoulder to shoulder during those days compared to just very busy on Christmas Day etc.

Edited at 09:16 PM.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Dibbing with Tink

Just before Christmas is lovely and festive, without being too busy. We went 19-24th December, getting home at around 10pm on Christmas Eve, and it was the perfect start to Christmas. My girls met Santa there, and we saw all the Christmas shows, etc. It was absolutely magical and were planning to do pretty much exactly the same holiday in 2020 or 2021, after a summer 2020 WDW holiday. I dont think well get such a good deal next time though - they had our arrival day as super-value, as only a few schools had broken up, so we got 5 days in the DLH for 1200. Dont think well ever get that price again!

We were lucky / unlucky with the weather. It was 10 degrees every day, warm enough not to need coats in the day... except when it rained, which was also every day! Just light showers, but enough to soak you if you stayed out in it long enough. Having said that, the night we stayed until 10pm to see the fireworks, it was actually dry, and still mild enough for me to give the girls my coat to sit on.
Unread 9 May 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Just before Christmas is lovely and festive, without being too busy. We went 19-24th December, getting home at around 10pm on Christmas Eve, and it was the perfect start to Christmas. My girls met Santa there, and we saw all the Christmas shows, etc. It was absolutely magical and were planning to do pretty much exactly the same holiday in 2020 or 2021, after a summer 2020 WDW holiday. I dont think well get such a good deal next time though - they had our arrival day as super-value, as only a few schools had broken up, so we got 5 days in the DLH for 1200. Dont think well ever get that price again!

We were lucky / unlucky with the weather. It was 10 degrees every day, warm enough not to need coats in the day... except when it rained, which was also every day! Just light showers, but enough to soak you if you stayed out in it long enough. Having said that, the night we stayed until 10pm to see the fireworks, it was actually dry, and still mild enough for me to give the girls my coat to sit on.
Elodie - did you stay in a christmas themed room? was it worth the upgrade?
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 9 May 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by MrsCupcake View Post
Elodie - did you stay in a christmas themed room? was it worth the upgrade?
We thought it was more than worth it for the 130 extra we paid, but I think it costs about double that now, so Im not sure if well be paying for it on our next trip. I would be tempted if we had the money to spare though!

For the 130, they left gifts for all 4 of us in the room - gift boxed Christmas mugs, soft toys for the children (4 in total - a gingerbread Minnie and Mickey each), a lovely box of chocolates, etc, and the room decorations were lovely. We loved having our Christmas tree all lit up in the room, and being able to see the top of the park Christmas tree from our window. (We were in a standard room in a turret, with a view over Main Street Station, so it was absolutely magical to watch the train steaming into the station before the park opened each morning.)
Unread 8 May 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

I was thinking perhaps 4 days before Christmas and maybe include actual Christmas day? If we stayed until boxing day then it adds an extra 300.

I think it's coming out at about 1700 plus travel.

Amazing deal you got Elodie!

Great to hear it was extra magical. Just need to save up now...
Unread 9 May 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Dancing with Tink'

thanks elodie. your room sounds lovely. i was looking at the davy crockett ranch so we wouldnt have any such views from our room but on the plus side the christmas theming is much cheaper! only 82 but a bit more basic than the other packages ive seen. such a shame there aren't more photos around.

i think im going to book. just fussing about on dates...
Unread 9 May 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by MrsCupcake View Post
thanks elodie. your room sounds lovely. i was looking at the davy crockett ranch so we wouldnt have any such views from our room but on the plus side the christmas theming is much cheaper! only 82 but a bit more basic than the other packages ive seen. such a shame there aren't more photos around.

i think im going to book. just fussing about on dates...
Oops, sorry, I did know that you were booking Davy Crockett, but I got carried away with the happy memories! It was honestly my favourite holiday in my entire life and Im sure youll love it. At that price, assuming you must still get the decorations and gifts, Id jump at the Christmas room option - I bet it will make the DC rooms so cosy and welcoming after a crisp winter day in the parks! Perfect Christmas!