Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Unread 5 Jul 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sal1
Gone all Goofy

HELP... need villa advice

We are looking to book a villa for next year but am getting very confused as to which area is the best. We have been offered Glenbrook, Highlands Reserve and West Haven and they all look really good but would just like some advice for the best areas.
Any DIBB help would be really appreciated as we are looking to book tomorrow... never say we leave it till the last minute for advice
Sal1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 5 Jul 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
VIP Dibber

JanetteP's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I've stayed in Highlands Reserve and West Haven, both are brilliant areas and very easy to get to the parks and restaurants from both. I would just choose whichever villa meets your needs, as any of the areas are absolutely fine.

Janette
ALK, HRH Lakeside Haven September 2019, Lakeside Haven RPR May 2019. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa August 2018. SSR, Aurora Villa May 2018. Kidani AKL, RPR Champion Florida Villa 2017, Staybridge Suites LBV, White Blossom & Owens Villa 2016 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 2016, Magic Landings 2015, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 2012, Highgrove 2009, Legacy Park 2007, Indian Point 2006 and 2005, Florida Pines 2004

Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
OKW 2020
Unread 5 Jul 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
To be honest there are no bad villa areas!

Our villa video http://findadisneyvilla.com/videotour.html

License number DWE 6308837
Monitored alarm and safe
Finding Dory bedroom
Fabulous 50's Diner themed games room with pool table, air hockey, fooseball and giant chess.
Gas BBQ
Free National and International calls
Cable TV in all bedrooms
55 inch, 4K smart TV, Free Netflix
2 cots, 2 strollers, 2 high chairs
Please read our 23 absolutely amazing Dibb reviews
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Home where I belong!
Unread 5 Jul 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jellie
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, we've just come back from Highlands Reserve and stayed in West Haven last year. Both are really nice communities, as for location, Highlands Reserve is closer to the 192 and has a Publix, Applebee's and IHOP close by. West Haven is closer to Championsgate and the I4 and has Chilis, Red Robin and Millers plus Wendy's and McDonalds and public. West Haven is also gated. Hard to choose between the two, only thing we noticed this year was the traffic on the I4 between junctions 60 and 58 (championsgate) exit was horrendous.

Daytona Beach 1991, Loma Linda 1992, Westridge 1993, Buenaventura Lakes 1994, Loma Vista 1997, Sandy Ridge 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014,2016,2017
jellie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida
Unread 5 Jul 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Very Serious Dibber

My only dislike with Highlands Reserve is access is off US 27 which is a 6 lane road, busy and noisy. Just back from West Haven which I thought the location was fantastic. Minutes away from shops and restaurants in Champions Gate.
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Another big birthday trip
Unread 5 Jul 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Magnificent
Imagineer

Many seem to get very hung up on location. Yes it matters but the quality and the features of the villa matter more. I have three villas on different communities and I'd happily recommend guests stay on any of these communities, as well as any of the four other communities I stayed on before buying, even though some of those were a bit further away from Disney than mine are.

Location is just one of the features to look for. The best villas go the quickest, so if you find somewhere you like, don't hang about! There are lots of villas, but if you are looking for specific features such as a restaurant or supermarket in walking distance, a south facing pool, no rear neighbours, a lake view, a balcony etc, the choice soon narrows down. This thread may give you a more detailed idea of the sort of things you may (or may not!) want your villa to have: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1025062

Similar thread raised similar issues here yesterday: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1032495
I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record

Hope it helps and have a great time!

Best wishes
Stuart

TREEFIELD VILLAS
EACH ONE A MAGNIFICENT PLACE TO STAY!

3 bed 2 bath
Treefield Villa at High Grove
The model home on the fabulous High Grove community!

5 bed 4 bath
Treefield Reserve at Town Center Resort
Only home w/lake, conservation, balcony, south pool, total privacy & 10 seat theatre

8 bed 5 bath
Treefield Retreat at Legacy Park
Only 8 bed w/conservation, theatre, 16 seat diner & private pool deck

01902 496562
07981 064918
enquiries@treefield.co.uk
www.treefield.co.uk
Magnificent is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Treefield Reserve then Treefield Retreat
Unread 5 Jul 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Persnicketty's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Nothing to add to the excellent advice given, beyond offering a personal view.

When we start researching villas, we usually have a list of criteria

- do we want a lakeside view?
- do we want club facilities we can walk to, like a tiki bar?
- do we want an upstairs bedroom balcony?
- do we want to book directly with an owner or a letting website?

You get the drift... all very personal needs/wishes. Your list will be just as personal.
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Ears Ache begins again in
Unread 6 Jul 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
barry206
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by newstewart View Post
My only dislike with Highlands Reserve is access is off US 27 which is a 6 lane road, busy and noisy. Just back from West Haven which I thought the location was fantastic. Minutes away from shops and restaurants in Champions Gate.
There is a side entrance on sand mine road next to berry town centre at highland reserve.. loved highland reserve.. north end only 5 mins walk to shops
barry206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans