Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 14 Jan 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L Beijing, Hong Kong and HK Disney Nov 2017 - Day 10 - Disneyland HK

Day 10 – Hong Kong Disneyland

I woke up at 6.30 as I was so excited . I couldn't get back to sleep so read my book and we got up at 8.15. We got ready and left at 9, we both were still so full from dinner! We went to the front of the hotel and a bus turned up straight away.

We arrived very quickly and took some photos before going through the bag check. People were already waiting at the ticket barriers so we went and joined them.

The park said it opened at 10.30 but the opening ceremony was at 10, people rushed through but we weren't sure what they were running to, however we soon realised there were off to queue for character photos. The queue for Mickey and Minnie was already long so we went and waited for Donald, deciding we would get there earlier the next day to be at the front.

The pictures still took quite a while as each person took so many different photos, much more than we had ever experienced in other parks! We were third in the queue and it took over 10 minutes! Once we had finished we went and waited for rope drop, we had studied the park map while waiting for the park so open so knew we wanted to head straight over to hyperspace mountain. We noticed however everyone was running towards the Iron Man Experience so we had a quick change of plan and went there instead. We got on the ride in about 5 minutes and it was great, very similar lay out to the Star Tours ride. The Iron Man voice was in English and Jarvis responded in Cantonese which I thought was quite good to enable many people to understand.

We went to Hyperspace Mountain which was very quiet so we rode it twice, second time at the front which was amazing. We think this was one of the best space mountains we had been on, we loved the Star Wars theming. We got a fastpass for later on, these were the paper style ones. We stopped for some photos with BB8 then headed over to Grizzly Gulch Land (similar to Fontierland in DLP).

We went to Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Trains (longest name ever!) twice, it was our favourite version of thunder mountain we had been on! It was like a mixture of thunder mountain and Mount Everestt.

At the front of Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Train

I had also read some amazing reviews of Mystic Manor but I am such a wimp I usually hate the Phantom Manor rides but bit the bullet and went on it. It was completely different so glad I did, I am not really sure how to describe the ride, there is special effects and animatronics. We finally were getting peckish so we stopped and got a carton of popcorn for $35 (about £3.50), they were selling these all over and we thought it was pretty reasonable considering how much popcorn you got.

We walked to Fantasyland via Toy Story land stopping for a photo with Woody who was just coming out as we were walking by so we were almost at the front of the queue. We got a fastpass for the Adventures of Pooh which by far had the longer queue as it was now within our time for Hyperspace Mountain. We went and used this after then went back on Iron Man which had a 15 minute wait, before going to use our Winne the Pooh fastpass.

The park was so quiet so we had got so much done so decided to go and see the shows, first Phillarmagic which was the same as the Orlando one, followed by the Lion King. The Lion King again was similar to the Animal Kingdom one but still surprised us how amazing it was.

We were getting hungry again so we stopped in Fantasyland for a chicken leg, BBQ Chinese chicken stick and a coke for $101. These were good but the leg was very messy! We found a spot which was quiet for the parade and watched this.

We wandered around some more and went on RC Racer, Thunder Mountain (going to call it this rather than writing the full name) and Mystic Manor. We hadn't waited more than 15 minutes all day and most of the rides were a walk on! We spent some time looking in the shops in Main Street, much of the memorabilia was the same but we always love looking in the shops.

The castle looked tiny, I googled it and it is a replica of California but a slightly different pink.

There was an Animation Academy like in Hollywood Studios so we did this, it was slightly difficult as the instructions were in Cantonese so we just watched the animator but I don’t think we did too badly 🙂.

There was Santa Goofy so we queued for quite a while, longest wait of our Disney visit! I think there was a celebrity visiting as they held all of the queue and went in with camera crews, eventually we got to the front .

This was the first time we had been to a Disney at Christmas and we loved the decorations.

We had booked a table at Plaza Inn for 6pm and it was getting on for this time so we went over for our reservation. This restaurant is themed on Mulan and the inside was lovely. We ordered pork fried noodles, spring rolls, dumplings, beef brisket curry and some rice and a soft drink each. The food was very good but they brought it at all different times so we were waiting for the curry for quite some times. This came to $620.

As we were leaving the Paint the Night Parade was going past, this was amazing. We saw the electric parade in Orlando once but thought this was much better. After this was had about 40 minutes until the fireworks so we found a spot and sat and waited.

Continued below as there were 5 photos too many!

Edited at 10:33 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

The fireworks were great and definitely didn't disappoint, there was a Mulan section with fireworks and fire which was amazing, I'll make a man out of you is one of my favourite Disney songs.

We headed out of the park and were on the first bus back to the hotel. The pool was open until 10pm so we decided to go in the hot tub for a bit, they were playing Toy Story 3 down by the pool area, we could kind of see some of it from the hot tub so we sat watching it for a while before heading back up.

We were checking out of the hotel before going to the park the next morning so we packed before going to bed.

Walked – 12.2km

Edited at 09:12 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

The park seems to have expanded since I went! Or else I have a really bad memory!

You got an awful lot done! The Christmas decorations look amazing,

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
The park seems to have expanded since I went! Or else I have a really bad memory!

You got an awful lot done! The Christmas decorations look amazing,
I think it has expanded a fair bit in recent years, it had far more in the park that we expected as well which was great fun.
Old 16 Jan 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

I love Donald's Christmas outfit, adorable.

You got so much done, lovely to have a quiet day in the park. The night parade looked beautiful.

I love the Mulan soundtrack! It doesn't get enough attention in my opinion.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
I love Donald's Christmas outfit, adorable.

You got so much done, lovely to have a quiet day in the park. The night parade looked beautiful.

I love the Mulan soundtrack! It doesn't get enough attention in my opinion.
I know it’s an amazing song! It’s always on my gym playlist hehe! I loved the Donald outfit too, I also look like I’m towering over him (I’m only 5ft4)!
Old 20 Jan 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

The christmas decorations and characters outfits look amazing! Brilliant day, so good that you didn't need to queue much. I'll make a man out of you is such a good song xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
The christmas decorations and characters outfits look amazing! Brilliant day, so good that you didn't need to queue much. I'll make a man out of you is such a good song xx
Thank you yes we loved the Christmas theme