Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Eat and Play Card
Unread 18 Aug 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by loobey73 View Post
Definitely got a lot worse since we were last there. But then we were on the 192 that time. But I think all the traffic has increased. We finally found away to avoid the I4 from champions gate near the end of the holiday. Which was a little to late by then. We couldn't believe a Sunday at 11.30 we were stuck in traffic
Can you let me know what route you took please? We are near Championsgate and it was awful in 2016.

Thanks

1995 Indian Ridge - 1998 Hamiltons Reserve
2000 Omni Rosen - 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLP
2007 West Stonebridge - 2009 Lake Wilson
2011/13/14 Town Centre - 2016/18/20 Windwood Bay
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I hope I'm still able to go to Florida if I reach 72. A woman phoned me in the week to do a little job for her, and I asked her to text me her address (saves me writing it down incorrectly and/or losing the piece of paper), she started laughing and said I'm 71 I don't know how to use a mobile phone. It was like I asked her to run a marathon and climb mount Everest expecting her at 71 to be able to text using a mobile phone
My DH is a roofer and asked an elderly man (80s) to get his daughter to do feedback for him online. The man said he was quite capable of doing it himself on his computer! I dont know if he would be up to the I4 traffic though!
In April this year , we noticed the traffic was busier all over, but I know the back doubles and can redirect DH when needed. Once on the I4 you are stuck!
Unread 18 Aug 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jellie
Apprentice Imagineer

We even found old lake Wilson rd busy last month, and couldnt work out where all the traffic was going to. Weve used that road since 1992 when we first stayed in villas and have never seen it so busy.

Daytona Beach 1991, Loma Linda 1992, Westridge 1993, Buenaventura Lakes 1994, Loma Vista 1997, Sandy Ridge 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014,2016,2017
jellie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida
Unread 18 Aug 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I hope I'm still able to go to Florida if I reach 72. A woman phoned me in the week to do a little job for her, and I asked her to text me her address (saves me writing it down incorrectly and/or losing the piece of paper), she started laughing and said I'm 71 I don't know how to use a mobile phone. It was like I asked her to run a marathon and climb mount Everest expecting her at 71 to be able to text using a mobile phone

I'm always intrigued when I spot a thread starting "taking my elderly parents to Florida" - I open the post and see that their parents are both 66. Age is only a number.

Mick
Unread 18 Aug 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
Been up and down the I4 a few times now since getting here on Wednesday, this road has got worse with every holiday. The traffic jams combined with such poor driving makes it worse than the M25! It wasn't like this on our first visit in 1993
Crikes must be absolutely horrendous as have twice sat stationary on the M25 in the last couple of weeks due to problems plus a few very slow trips up and down it.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jellie View Post
We even found old lake Wilson rd busy last month, and couldnt work out where all the traffic was going to. Weve used that road since 1992 when we first stayed in villas and have never seen it so busy.
Very simply they are mostly locals trying to avoid I4. The area around Championsgate and where it meets 27 has had an enormous number of houses built in the last decade. Many work or go to school north of there and there aren't many roads running in that direction. The number of short term rental houses filled with tourists wanting to go to the parks doesn't help either.
Unread 18 Aug 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Donna do you think when Margaretaville is fully open it will have an effect round that end of the 192 orvthey going to run shuttle busses
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Halloween Thanksgiving pre Christmas
Unread 19 Aug 18, 04:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Donna do you think when Margaretaville is fully open it will have an effect round that end of the 192 orvthey going to run shuttle busses
Not really! Although it is a big development it is nothing compared to all the houses they have added further out. The area north on 429 is growing too. It looks like they are building a whole new "town" called Independence that way. Alot of the growth that is causing traffic is actually residential. The numerous new schools that have been built recently shows just how many people move here full time every year.

At the moment when I run into traffic on 192 heading west in the evening it is the worst from I4 through Disney to the Old Lake Wilson junction where two long lanes turn left but it still backs up. Past there it thins out enormously. If there is a problem on I4 the whole area is affected by people trying to avoid it.

TBH though it was much worse where we lived in the UK. As we were right near an M25 junction, every time there was an accident our lane would become complete gridlock with cars and oversized lorries trying to avoid it!