Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Jun 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Tom it is also rumoured to be one of the most expensive as well they are talking of $1400 per night. For that I want a trip to the space station for real
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s definitely location that you’re paying for. Have to say though, I really love the Poly studio rooms. I think they’re well themed and really well appointed 👍🏼
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Tom it is also rumoured to be one of the most expensive as well they are talking of $1400 per night. For that I want a trip to the space station for real
Did you add an extra zero?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Whilst I am in a family group, I will invariably spend the majority of any Orlando vacation in a villa for all of the reasons identified in this post.

When my boys have flown the nest, then I may reappraise things and stay in a hotel with complimentary breakfast... but never on site.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Saying that I think they are starting to smell the coffee, for example CSR rooms are stunning. Well done to them, sadly 20 years too late.
That’s good to hear as we have two rooms booked at CSR for next year.

We did like our studio at BLT last year, but agree with the OP that everywhere else that we have stayed seems very dated.
Jaybeez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Hombody1976 View Post
Never stayed at Disney hotel before and liking the look of refurbished rooms at all star movies. Needs to be value hotel for us due to budget. Like the idea of a suite with kitchenette but AofA is too expensive. All star music have suites so thought I'd take a look. Omg they look like something from the 70's / 80's. I'm no snob and we caravan holiday most years but some of Disney's rooms look so old fashioned to me. I also think there isn't much choice of accommodation unless your minted. Why would music have suites but not the other all stars? Why can't hotels have a seperate bedroom. How many families of 4 adults would really want to sleep all together? (Thinking son and girlfriend with in-laws). Very little privacy. I also think a microwave should be standard in any room. I think holiday accommodation in general needs modernising or is it just me?
Yes the All Star Music rooms do look really old fashioned I have to agree. There does always seem to be something being renovated though, hopefully it will be that hotels time soon.

But I think if you want a hotel room with a separate bedroom or two bedrooms them you book a suite. And if four adults don't want to share, they book a room for each couple. We are a couple and don't travel with others so we pay for a room between two of us, nobody forces an adult party of four to share. I think microwaves in hotel rooms would lead to food smells and extra cleaning.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Most of the off site hotels we have stayed in have microwaves, I have never noticed "smells". Perhaps they are only used for popcorn like we do!
Whilst postimg here, why do people hate shower curtains?
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I agree the rooms are often nothing special but it does amuse me when people complain about the 2 double beds situation. No one expects 4 adults to share a room just because there is room to do so. Of course an adult daughter and her fiance need a seperate bedroom. There are loads of villas and suite style hotels or simply book two rooms. When I was a child and travelled to the UK we had to have two rooms with only 2 adults and 2 children because none of the rooms could sleep 4! Even now the family rooms in Premier Inns don't suit 4 adults. Most American hotel rooms are simply more flexible to suit different groups. Hotels also don't expect adults to sleep in single size beds so have 2 doubles to suit 2 friends traveling together.

The dark furniture is simply different tastes. The kitchen showrooms here are full of expensive dark kitchens. Most Americans would find the British high gloss white ones just as strange.
yep this pretty much is the situation in my opinion - the 2 double beds in one room is to give you as a potential guest the option to choose what suits you ie one room or 2. If it doesn't suit, no-one is expecting you to book one room for 4 adults just because a standard room has enough bed space for 4 adults.

I've stayed onsite and offsite in "value" hotels in Orlando - Cabana Bay was the only one which wasn't decorated using dark wood furniture and fittings. But thats because of the theme of that hotel (which is fabulous and totally my thing ).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Did you add an extra zero?
No, that's the approx cost that Disney was quoting when it was announced due to the fact it will be an "immersive" experience
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Whilst I'm sure in the first year there will be enough diehard fans to try it, it'll be interesting to see how capacity is once the initial rush dies down.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List