Go Back   theDIBB > Disney Vacation Club > General DVC Discussion
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.
Unread 13 Jun 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

I'm shocked at this, I know people accuse me of moaning, but heck this is one money grab too far. With the 'Wave' package they started (a precursor to this to see if people will pay for what is effectively a member benefit?) will we see this only for paying guests eventually?
I've booked BLT for New Year, there's no way on earth I'll pay $450 (it's ludicrous the average person wouldn't believe it) to go up the lounge if they also charge on 12/30- one of the reasons I'd booked BLT.
But if I were an owner at BLT, paying the premium for that resort, and had booked a stay for 4 July or (if it happens) New Year, I'd be absolutely furious.
I suspect also many of the owners / people staying there won't even realise and there will be a lot of angry people come 4 July.
Never, ever buy for perks. Buy expecting a bare bones product only, then you won't be disappointed.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Beach Club Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Unread 13 Jun 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
What next 🙄

It will probably get cancelled, just like that paid event in Epcot where they tried to rip people off. I think (hope anyway) that people are wising up! 🤞🏼
Unfortunately it's claimed it's selling fast. Owners will be v mad.
Unread 13 Jun 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Unfortunately it's claimed it's selling fast. Owners will be v mad.
Not good 😏 Some work some dont I guess. Another example was Reunion Station, thankfully that failed 👍🏼 Feel sorry for those that booked based on being able to view the fireworks from there 😕

Florida: 2019 x2, 2018 x2, 2017, 16, 15, 14 x2, 11, 08, 07, 05, 04, 03, 01 x2. California: 2017, 16, 07, 05. Dubai, Atlantis: 2016, 2019. Barbados: 2015, Mexico: 2015, NY: 2015, 10, 09, 08. DLP: 2007, 04, 99. Disney Cruise: 2016 & 2011 (Dream), 2019, 2018 & 2014 (Fantasy) Vegas: 2017, 16, 07. Virginia: 2006, 04. Texas: 2013. Seattle: 2010. Detroit: 2010, 09, 08. DC: 2004. Canada: 2011, 10, 09 x2, 08
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney Cruise & Solterra Villa
Unread 13 Jun 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Done some digging. It's already sold OUT- no doubt to many who were not booked into DVC/ BLT and local DVC members, at the expense of those booked into BLT, last minute event announced. Given that vast majority of those booked in will be owners (11 month window, busiest time of year) it's the owners who are suffering.
And they have ALREADY blacked out 31/12 for it. Who knows how much that one will be. I feel for owners who had bookings.
From a selfish perspective they haven't blacked out 30/12 yet- I say yet, as the lure of the $$$ may prove too much. But I'd expect it to be at capacity very early now even without blackout.
So the management are clearly quite prepared to upset their members and owners, who have had the trip booked nearly a year, to make some quick $$$.
Never buy for perks.
Unread 13 Jun 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Its not a great venue for children anyway. There is a large high wall and younger children cant see over it.
We ended up watching from inside through the glass as my dd couldnt see anything.
Children in this sense Bev include teenagers - my kids are 15/12 and would like it, but if I had to pay $120 a head including tax and gratuity they certainly won't be experiencing it. For a family, it's telephone numbers.
Unread 13 Jun 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
VIP Dibber

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
... I am now really worried theyll do this New Years Eve- think its almost a given.
I think there will be a lot of disappointed DVC members staying at BLT on points who wont realize this. They do run the special fireworks on the 3rd of July as well so members can (hopefully) watch them from the lounge then. Also if they do make the 31st a paid event - and if this is as popular as you say then that's likely, they also show the NYE fireworks on the 30th so hopefully you can get to see them then.

I'm a BLT owner and bought my points on opening day, right from the start it was made clear that the ToTWL was not part of my contract, it was a perk that they could remove at any time. I would be disappointed if members could no longer use it to watch the fireworks but I didn't decide to own there for the lounge. I bought BLT because I love the short walk into Magic Kingdom, the easy access to the other monorail resorts and WL and the whole ambiance of the area it's set in.

EBTA from Miami
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
EBTA
Unread 13 Jun 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Done some digging. It's already sold OUT- no doubt to many who were not booked into DVC/ BLT and local DVC members, at the expense of those booked into BLT, last minute event announced. Given that vast majority of those booked in will be owners (11 month window, busiest time of year) it's the owners who are suffering.
And they have ALREADY blacked out 31/12 for it. Who knows how much that one will be. I feel for owners who had bookings.
From a selfish perspective they haven't blacked out 30/12 yet- I say yet, as the lure of the $$$ may prove too much. But I'd expect it to be at capacity very early now even without blackout.
So the management are clearly quite prepared to upset their members and owners, who have had the trip booked nearly a year, to make some quick $$$.
Never buy for perks.
As you say, never buy for Perks. However this is a Members Lounge and we all know that DVD can close it or amend its use as they see fit.

Now if they decided that only BLT Owners could use it on specific dates then I would agree with that concept. But to charge those Owners and all others for a very significant event is greed personified. Nothing surprises me with Igers crew anymore.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fourth Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR
Unread 13 Jun 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I'm a BLT owner and bought my points on opening day, right from the start it was made clear that the ToTWL was not part of my contract, it was a perk that they could remove at any time. I would be disappointed if members could no longer use it to watch the fireworks but I didn't decide to own there for the lounge. I bought BLT because I love the short walk into Magic Kingdom, the easy access to the other monorail resorts and WL and the whole ambiance of the area it's set in.
Same here Jakki but Id be mighty disappointed if I was staying there over 4th July and Christmas this year. I just hope its open to all every other day of the year.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote