Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 16 Jun 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
rsbrowndog
Proud to wear my Ears

Shopping online during holiday for delivery to villa?

We're off on our holiday at the end of July. I've been wondering, if we wanted to purchase something online, e.g. at amazon.com could we have it delivered to our villa we are staying at?

This is the fifth time we've stayed in a villa and have never once had any post arrive, so I can't help but wonder if the villa owners have their post redirected somewhere? Would that affect an Amazon delivery?

And what is the delivery person likely to do with a package if we're not home when they try and deliver?

I appreciate a lot of this is a bit like asking people to use their psychic powers to predict the future! But does anyone have personal experience to speak from?
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

My friend and brother have done this a few times, we usually stay in terra verde and the staff in club house take parcel if we are not in villa, but unsure about other resorts and villas if you are not at home.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It will depend on the development you are on to be honest
We are fine and get stuff delivered all the time
Usually just left by the front door if we are out or in our mail box 📦
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

You need to ask the owners or tell us the name of the community. Where I live there is no gate and delivery companies routinely leave packages by the front door without even knocking unless they require a signature. The post office won't deliver general mail unless the home owner confirms the property is residential and not a holiday let. We still got packages before doing this.
Old 20 Jun 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Definitely ask the owner or management company... on our community it depends on who is delivering. Fedex will leave parcels on the doorstep but others won't. We advise our guests to have packages delivered to the management company - who will sign for them and keep them until they can be picked up - but I am sure there will be others that won't do that.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We always order online items whilst out there or a week or so before we leave the UK.
If the former, we have it delivered to the condo; usually left at the front door or on top of the mailboxes downstairs.
If the latter, we have it delivered to the rental office down the road; they’re happy for us to do that.

Per others, depends on the villa/condo community.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
saraflorence
Trying for More Ears

We have used Orlando Package Depot twice and have been happy with the service.
saraflorence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

Also, note that US Postal Service does not deliver to individual properties on gated communities - mail is only delivered to a central point, e.g. the clubhouse or office. Web sites like Amazon automatically check the address is a valid mailing address using the USPS database and will reject it if it isn't - the physical address is not adequate, it needs to be an actual mailing address. I noticed this week that the ESTA application form is now doing a similar validity check for a valid mailing address, and rejecting a physical address that isn't also a mailing address.
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ManCity View Post
Also, note that US Postal Service does not deliver to individual properties on gated communities - mail is only delivered to a central point, e.g. the clubhouse or office. Web sites like Amazon automatically check the address is a valid mailing address using the USPS database and will reject it if it isn't - the physical address is not adequate, it needs to be an actual mailing address. I noticed this week that the ESTA application form is now doing a similar validity check for a valid mailing address, and rejecting a physical address that isn't also a mailing address.
Not sure if this is true for all gated communities. I know the residential houses at Windsor Palms have individual mail boxes at the end of their driveways.
Old 6 Jul 19, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Hi

We tried this but the owner did have a redirect to mailbox so we never got our two amazon deliveries. They did however send them back to amass in for us a few weeks later and we got a refund. Best contact the owners I would say. This was a villa in Davenport but not a gated one and there was a post box outside.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List