Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
My Magic Holiday
Unread 16 Jun 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Trainee Dibber

As above great spot for the plus of escaping early , we did this as a seconding viewing during our hols, we enjoyed the space next to the purple wall on left hand side going into Tomorrowland. Didnt need to get there mega early, kids could sit on a wall and use behind. Its next to the restaurant. Its on an angle but we thought it was better than having to camp out for a long period for people to only stand up as it starts.
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Should we go again? Yes :)
Unread 16 Jun 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Think I would be prepared to forego the close up of projections for a quick exit, especially with a 7 year old! Thanks for the tip 👍
That was our thoughts, a 7 and 4 year old and no buggy! No way we were fighting those crowds to get out!
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
SPLIT STAY POFQ/VILLA
Unread 17 Jun 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
VIP Dibber

Total newbie - what exactly are the crowds like when leaving these shows? I'd like to see Illuminations, River of Light and Happily.
WelshSara is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The best thing to do if you can Is stay back for a bit the buses keep running for ages after so there is no need to all rush out, but if you need to then go through the shops and back area as you can walk right the way for Casey corner to near the entrance, with Epcot go out the gateway end HS and AK only one way out but by hanging behind even 15 mins makes such a difference to the crowds leaving😆
Nov 19 CBR
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Feel the force
Unread 17 Jun 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WelshSara View Post
Total newbie - what exactly are the crowds like when leaving these shows? I'd like to see Illuminations, River of Light and Happily.
Crazy busy...like exiting a football match, but with more accommodating people. I always keep one hand on my hand on my possessions and the other on my kids, and have yet to lose any of either. Fantasmic is the worst as the walkways are not a wide. It's always worth designating a meeting spot as getting split up coming out is not uncommon if you're not paying attention.

My favourite illuminations spot is the balcony outside Teppan Edo, usually post a nice meal in there. The fastpass spot isn't bad either for illuminations, and I liked Italy before they started roping it off.

As for Magic Kingdom, Either train station and get ahead of the crowds, or the hub and just hang back 5 minutes at the end and get behind the bulk of the crowds. Not as good for the busses this way though.

Rivers of light, our first time will hopefully be this year !
Attraction Tickets Direct