Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Kenwood Travel
Unread 19 Jun 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tonigary View Post
My husband has just rang me, and he will be back in the work yard, in 20 odd minutes, he was lucky today as the job didnt take too long, but he is still not at yard. He will be home about 7.45.
Ericsmum, this can happen alot, getting back to the yard, and no overtime. We have decided, to get our holiday out of the way, and then he will look for another one.
So annoying that employers dont recognise a good worker, as I said before, in 10 years he has had about 1 month off, and that was spread over 10 years.
So hell have only done about 15/20 minutes overtime? Surely the working day ends when he leaves the yard at night, not when he gets home. You cant expect any company to pay overtime for travelling to and from work.

Edited at 10:51 AM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Finally staying at Caribbean Beach
Unread 19 Jun 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

JoJo88's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
So hell have only done about 15/20 minutes overtime? Surely the working day ends when he leaves the yard at night, not when he gets home. You cant expect any company to pay overtime for travelling to and from work.
The OP posted that just before 7, which means hell have done 1hr 15/20 mins overtime.

OP, you really need to know the terms of the contract.

Where DH works the engineers have to do so many hours a day, and anything over that is overtime. The amount of o/t can be increased depending on the time of day they work it and they dont get paid for the first 30 minutes of the day (I think!).
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
So much for not going this year!
Unread 19 Jun 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
The OP posted that just before 7, which means hell have done 1hr 15/20 mins overtime.

OP, you really need to know the terms of the contract.

Where DH works the engineers have to do so many hours a day, and anything over that is overtime. The amount of o/t can be increased depending on the time of day they work it and they dont get paid for the first 30 minutes of the day (I think!).
Just noticed my dibb time is 1 hour behind for some reason.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Finally staying at Caribbean Beach
Unread 19 Jun 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

JoJo88's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Just noticed my dibb time is 1 hour behind for some reason.
After I posted I wondered if mine was an hour ahead as it does seem to get confused sometimes
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
So much for not going this year!
Unread 20 Jun 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I start work at 9.00 and finish at 5.00. I leave home at 7.45 and get home any time between 6.15 and 6.45 depending on what time the buses turn up. So with my travelling time I'm often out for 11 hours. However, I don't get paid for my travelling time, I just get paid for the hours I am actually doing my job, 9.00 till 5.00.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second solo trip to WDW - Beach Club :)
Unread 20 Jun 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I start work at 9.00 and finish at 5.00. I leave home at 7.45 and get home any time between 6.15 and 6.45 depending on what time the buses turn up. So with my travelling time I'm often out for 11 hours. However, I don't get paid for my travelling time, I just get paid for the hours I am actually doing my job, 9.00 till 5.00.
The OPs husband isnt asking to be paid his travel to home. He is sent on a job and has to return to work to drop off his van. He is paid until 6pm if he doesnt return to his workplace with the van until 7pm he is still only paid until 6pm. He then drives home in his own vehicle in his own time. Thats how I understand the OPs post anyway.
I do think he is being taken advantage of. In todays workplace though it might be best to just put up with it for as long as he can. Unscrupulous employers shouldnt be allowed to get away with it though. I wonder if all the employees are treated the same or are some better at avoiding these late jobs that come in ?
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Family chill time in Lanzarote
Unread 20 Jun 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

if this is a daily occurrence then perhaps he needs to have a word

however if say he gets back to the yard for example at 17:00 quite often & allowed to just go home as no other jobs to do then this is a case of swings & roundabouts and will even out over the course of the year

careful what you wish for and that...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

The OP mentioned her husband is sixty I believe and does a physical job , finding a new job may not be so easy as she thinks so should be considered. Sometimes it can be better the devil you know ...othertimes not.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cheeky week, cruise and no parks
Orlando Attractions