Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
QuickSilver
Unread 18 Jun 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Apprentice Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
i had massive issues with JL when my laptop broke at 12 months old - my dad had taken out the extra warranty that covered for accidental damage for 3 years tho. They took 2 weeks to decide it wasnt repairable and then offered me 50% of its original value which I refused and asked for a replacement they offered me a much lower spec replacement. I had to point out the warranty was like for like they didnt have anything in stock that was the same spec for the same price so after a lot of back and forth I said I wanted to make a formal complaint - got put through to a manager who apologised and offered me the next spec up which was about 150 more expensive but the closest to the original one

So my point would be keep firm and keep on to them!
Unread 19 Jun 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
till
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pinkspideruk View Post
i had massive issues with JL when my laptop broke at 12 months old - my dad had taken out the extra warranty that covered for accidental damage for 3 years tho. They took 2 weeks to decide it wasnt repairable and then offered me 50% of its original value which I refused and asked for a replacement they offered me a much lower spec replacement. I had to point out the warranty was like for like they didnt have anything in stock that was the same spec for the same price so after a lot of back and forth I said I wanted to make a formal complaint - got put through to a manager who apologised and offered me the next spec up which was about 150 more expensive but the closest to the original one

So my point would be keep firm and keep on to them!
thank you for posting, still no sign of our tv so we will be ringing back again today, wish i had seen all the reviews before we bought the tv as i would have gone elsewhere
till is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
back we go
Unread 19 Jun 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairelovestate
slightly serious Dibber

My dh used to work for JL on the audio department and he then also used to work for the in house complaints. Ill check with him, with regards to what you should do.

Edited at 12:41 PM.
Clairelovestate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyland Paris!
Unread 19 Jun 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairelovestate
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Scrap what I said dont go into store. My dh said the staff will only go and ring the call centre themselves. Sorry.
He did say the TVs are usually taken by 3rd party repair companys and he said if your tv gets lost, John Lewis will just replace it with a new one. Was it a repair shop that came to pick the tv up, or was it a John Lewis staff and van?
Clairelovestate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyland Paris!
Unread 19 Jun 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

I might be in the minority but I think John Lewis customer service has really gone down hill. They recently tried to charge me 50 more in store than something on line and gave the excuse their systems in store were not up to date. They didn't believe me at first when I showed them what it said on line but when they realised codes matched they gave me back 50. When I asked for an apology the term 'punter' was used. When I then went on to look at reviews on customer service there were a lot of bad reviews.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Holiday starts! yeah
Unread 19 Jun 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Agree completely. A big plus for JL for years was their never knowingly undersold guarantee. It does have associated terms and conditions, as it doesn't price match with online retailers, but we've had a couple of occasions where we were able to find something locally at a lower price and they went to extraordinary lengths to get out of refunding the difference. In both cases we took items back to JL and got a refund, and then bought at the cheaper store. What really irked though, was we looked over the next few days to see if they had reduced their prices to be in line with the cheaper retailer and they hadn't done so.

I think a lot of customers trust the never knowingly undersold guarantee, and as a result JL's practices now abuse that trust, resulting in them frequently being undersold!
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Madrid