Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Don’t feel bad for knowing what you like. I unashamedly love my Florida holidays and for that reason am not particularly interested in holidaying elsewhere for the time being.👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
I'm thinking after my last trip to Orlando next year (ha, I'll be back we all know that but last for a while at least) I'm going to look into central Europe. I do like a good city break. Would like to go to Prague, but not sure how to avoid the stag do flights, being on my own surrounded by drunk idiots is a nightmare for me, so need to look into that more. Vienna looks nice too, some good museums there I imagine.

Off to York later this month, Edinburgh in September and London next march. Taking lots of little UK breaks is something I found myself really enjoying tbh. I do love a good museum. I'd recommend it for anyone looking to still travel to Orlando but have some cheap breaks on the side. I got a centrally located Premier inn in London for £85 a night with all-you-can-eat breakfast included.

I do know you can get a car and explore say a Greek island, but "a" museum or "a" town just isn't enough for me on a week long holiday. Much like I've been spoiled by Orlando for theme parks I've been spoiled by places like Edinburgh, London or for a more med theme, Malta that have so much history and culture concentrated in a small place I'd find it hard to go to a sleepy resort with maybe 2 or 3 good things to do within a half hours drive.
Have you thought of doing a coach tour ? They’re not everyone’s cup of tea but I’ve done loads on my own and really enjoyed them.

I made sure I DIDNT go on a singles-type trip - can’t think of anything worse. Every tour I’ve done has had a mix of young & old, married couples, friends, mother and daughters and a handful of independently minded singles.

There are lots of trips covering Central Europe, here’s one example. I hope this link works!

cosmos/tours/prague-vienna-budapest/

Edited at 09:14 AM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We did the typical, Spanish mainland holidays until 1989 when we went to Florida. Then 20+ years to Florida and later road trips in the USA until we retired. Then we discovered coach tours and have covered nearly all of the Australia, New Zealand, USA and Canada over the last few years. However we rediscovered pool holidays. Started with 7 nights half board, then 7 nights AI now up to 10 nights AI. At first we went hiking using the hotel as a base but now we take our Kindles and just relax as far away from the pool and beach as possible recharging our batteries ready for our next trip. This year we tried a coach trip to Torquay. Definitely not for us, it was sunny but freezing.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
We just returned from our first cruise at the weekend. Although we enjoyed Norway and the Fjjords a weeks cruise was enough. We aren't rushing to book another cruise, I think it may be a one off for us.
Its made us realise we really want to return to Florida, doing a no parks trip.
Can I recommend a different cruise itinerary/cruise line?

I have been back a couple of weeks from a p&o fjords cruise too and it wasn't my favourite cruise by a long shot for a few reasons

Yes Norway is beautiful BUT

The ports are small so you are done in a few hours and because Norway is dear you eat on the boat as well so you are on it much more than normal.
2 sea days weren't for me in a 7 day period
I found P&O a bit 'old' in it's entertainment choices/dining set up

My NCL cruise to the Baltics was different in every way and I'm really looking forward to my NCL
Old 18 Jun 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Can I recommend a different cruise itinerary/cruise line?

I have been back a couple of weeks from a p&o fjords cruise too and it wasn't my favourite cruise by a long shot for a few reasons

Yes Norway is beautiful BUT

The ports are small so you are done in a few hours and because Norway is dear you eat on the boat as well so you are on it much more than normal.
2 sea days weren't for me in a 7 day period
I found P&O a bit 'old' in it's entertainment choices/dining set up

My NCL cruise to the Baltics was different in every way and I'm really looking forward to my NCL
Thanks for the recommendation. We really like our city breaks staying in an Airbnb, and finding local places rather than touristy places to eat. In Norway that wasn't feasible as its so expensive and food was included on the ship. We did have waffles, cakes, coffee in the ports, and two beers in the Viking pub at Flam 😁
We aren't into the shows and entertainment. I'd probably give them a try if I was with our daughter, but as DH isn't keen we didn't bother.
93 94 03 2023 DLP

Edited at 02:09 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

This is why I loved DCL. So much wonderful stuff to do on the ship - and plenty for those without children too. Would have been happy never to get off the ship!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

This is me at the minute .. we are off to LA and vegas in auguest and I'm just gutted that there's no Florida this year 😢

Last year we did San Fran, LA and vegas then once home me and the boys went to Florida the week after ... I'm just gutted no east coast this year (stupid oh idea 😢&#128546