Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
QuickSilver
Unread 12 Jun 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Carriedaydream
VIP Dibber

Newbie - what times to get FP?

I will soon be starting to book fast passes, we're offsite so it will be one day at a time. Looking for the first 2 days to do rope drop at MK and then HS . Realistically we're not going to get FP's for slinky, SDMT or ToT so planning to queue for these first.
My question is - if we're hoping to do standby for a popular ride at rope drop what time is it best to try and get the 3 fast passes for ?
And how long between each one - can i do 2 in an hour ?
I really am clueless
Carriedaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney: A New Hope
Unread 15 Jun 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pattfisherman
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Id probably try and get them for 30 minutes after opening. Realistically that should give you time to do a standby ride and get to your FP. That will technically give you 90 minutes to do a standby ride.
Pattfisherman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Honeymoon
Unread 16 Jun 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

If budget allows, we got an early reservation at Be Our Guest for breakfast. When we came out we joined the queue for 7DMT and it took 10 minutes. We timed it so that we left the restaurant as the park opened.
Unread 16 Jun 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

You have to book in hour slots, so one might be a 9.45-10.45 window and your second FP couldnt be until after 10.45...hope that makes sense
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Taking the plunge again!
Unread 16 Jun 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mk is the anomaly as it's the busiest of the 4 so we have a different strategy for it & the tier system in the other 3 do make FP slightly easier not sure when the new HS system starts but I think that will be a 'mare for everyone!
What are your must do's ? If , for instance Peter Pan is, then you need to fast pass him, once the queue builds here it stays big all day- slow loader with small capacity.
For MK i would head to 7DMT, then choose to go left or right & FP accordingly- normally you can get 90-120 mins, from opening, to get a few rides in before you need FP. At Ep we head straight to Frozen, then either choose Test or Soarin & hope to pick the other up later, you are then generally just picking 2 tier 2's to get them used up ! Same in AK but FOP is a must do, Navi not so much. HS, SDD is ok but having done it, I'd choose TSM as my tier 1, if the new system is in place then I'd have to make a decision on whether I thought I could do ToT & RNRRC without one.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR

Edited at 10:50 AM.
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Elvis has left the building trip
Unread 19 Jun 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Carriedaydream
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Mk is the anomaly as it's the busiest of the 4 so we have a different strategy for it & the tier system in the other 3 do make FP slightly easier not sure when the new HS system starts but I think that will be a 'mare for everyone!
What are your must do's ? If , for instance Peter Pan is, then you need to fast pass him, once the queue builds here it stays big all day- slow loader with small capacity.
For MK i would head to 7DMT, then choose to go left or right & FP accordingly- normally you can get 90-120 mins, from opening, to get a few rides in before you need FP. At Ep we head straight to Frozen, then either choose Test or Soarin & hope to pick the other up later, you are then generally just picking 2 tier 2's to get them used up ! Same in AK but FOP is a must do, Navi not so much. HS, SDD is ok but having done it, I'd choose TSM as my tier 1, if the new system is in place then I'd have to make a decision on whether I thought I could do ToT & RNRRC without one.
SD
Thanks - this was a big help in my planning ! We're going to do 7DMT at rope drop (obviously couldn't get a FP at 30 days for this!) then have FP's for big thunder, splash and space mountain starting at 11 am as couldn't get anything earlier. Not easy to book FP's when you're in work lol.
Carriedaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 19 Jun 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Carriedaydream
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
You have to book in hour slots, so one might be a 9.45-10.45 window and your second FP couldnt be until after 10.45...hope that makes sense
ha i didn't realise this until i start trying to book them and got in a right pickle! Have got the hang of it now though
Unread 19 Jun 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

OP not sure if you have tried this, but you can go in and amend your fast passes and sometimes they will offer you better times than they did originally. I booked mine yesterday and went in and tweaked them all straight after, so that they are now all close together. Sadly didnt get fop but hoping to pick one up somewhere along the way.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs 2020 Feb half term villa chilling
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Feb half term, 1 week only