Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
QuickSilver
Unread 19 Jun 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

What a refreshing report to hear the real happenings of a family holiday knowing its not just our family (and thats just the adults).
Really enjoying reading even without the pics of the food.
Thanks for sharing and keep enjoying your holiday
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2022 will be a BIG one but no rush
Unread 19 Jun 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
The Durrigan's
VIP Dibber

The Durrigan's's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
another great day, if I didn't know any better I'd say it's my sister's reports I'm reading...you have a great way with words and I could totally picture the scenario outside Perkins with the cookies. Going back to IOA worked out brilliant for you's...a rest day is definitely much deserved.

Southern Dunes 1997, Rodeway Inn on I-Drive 1999, Rosen Plaza on I-Drive 2003, Tivoli Manor 2007, Windsor Hills Resort 2008, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2009, Espirit 2010, Highlands Reserve 2013, Dibb Villa Lindfields 2015, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2018, Dibb Condo Bahama Bay Resort + Disney Swan 2019
The Durrigan's is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Bahama Bay Resort + Disney Swan
Unread 19 Jun 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
What a great idea to do universal later- will try that next month and have put steak and shake on my to do list. Can't wait for your next instalment 👍
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 19 Jun 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

As a mom of 3 i feel ur pain lol.
My boys at about 11 and 13 were so busy txxxing about they didnt notice a massive glass display at tge exit of GC.
Glass and souvenirs everywhere. I mean 100s of dollars worth of damage.
We had about 20$ on us lol.
We ran and they.dripped blood everywhere.
I was fuming and had no sympathy (shallow cuts they lived lmao)...
scojos is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
adults only trip
Unread 19 Jun 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
As a mom of 3 i feel ur pain lol.
My boys at about 11 and 13 were so busy txxxing about they didnt notice a massive glass display at tge exit of GC.
Glass and souvenirs everywhere. I mean 100s of dollars worth of damage.
We had about 20$ on us lol.
We ran and they.dripped blood everywhere.
I was fuming and had no sympathy (shallow cuts they lived lmao)...
Yup Id be the same ..its yer own fault for messing about 🤣
roisin is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by belfastbabe View Post
What a great idea to do universal later- will try that next month and have put steak and shake on my to do list. Can't wait for your next instalment 👍
Ye we did it again last night after the outlets and its much better queue wise even though there were heavy showers of rain and storm on and off ..hulk and rip ride rocket were closed on and off but the app is brilliant if you use it x
roisin is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Day 5
Having a lazy day today so had a look on to see where was nice for breakfast nearby (just google maps and then read the trip advisor reviews )so we headed for woodsbys countryside cafe .was about 8 mins drive away .really lovely county style proper southern cooking and hospitality type place .smallest dd had kids pancakes (4) and I have smallest ds the two pancakes that came with my eggs and corn beef hash .the pancakes with mine were the size of a dinner plate and he couldnt finish them .the corn beef hash was delish I always get this if they have it .dp and ds had two big massive feeds as well with the works on them and other dd had pancakes and bacon .they have me the full pot of coffee here too so Im happy .this was our best breakfast yet ..really tasty and hot and it was full with locals which is always a good sign .the owner was walking round all the tables chatting to everyone .really couldnt fault it and no one finished everything.bill was $41 plus tip.
Headed to Walmart on the way back to the villa to get some more water and bits for lunches .walmart is the smallies favourite thing to do ..they love looking at all the junk and picking stuff out .they wanted to get some floats for the pool at the villa so ds devised a plan to let dd pick hers and pay for it first because she copied him again and then he switched his for the one he really wanted and bought that instead ..hes smarter than I thought.she was raging wen she realised he had got something different .he was delighted to have got one over on her .mmm I think we have rubbed off on the kids .
Back to the villa and it went from sun splitting the stones to lashing down for about 40 mins so hung about and went up then wen it cleared .dp and eldest ds stayed and had a nap as Walmart had taken it out of them .
The other three spent a nice few hours in the pool and no rows so got them out about 4.30 as they wanted to go to millers for dinner on I drive and go do a few rides in IOA .
Walked back along the lake behind the villas and there was a sign saying do not enter water due to alligators .now like Ive said before Im raising no brain surgeon so dd had a father Dougal moment and was in paddling at the edge .
Sometimes I lose the will to live with these two small one ones .anyway she didnt get eaten so got them ready to head out for food ..eldest ds then started whining that he wanted in to the outlets on the way for a half hour so we stopped and the half hour turned in to two hours so decide to skip Millers and just eat in the food court and go straight to park .got Philly cheesesteaks from Charleys and the gourmet fries .worst cheesesteak Ive ever had ..I spent a year working in philly so I know what they should be like ..we do a better one in the restaurant I manage at home ..the loaded fries with cheese sauce bacon bits and ranch were good though ..this was about $85 for all 6 of us .go to the park for about 8.30 and had did minions as it was only 30 min queue and then the mummy 15 min wait .got Hogwarts express over to IOA and did forbidden journey as this is everyones favourite to ride together.ten min wait and watched the lights show on Hogwarts and headed off out and stopped at cold stone Creamery for an ice cream ..I shared a like it size with dp of cookie dough .it was good but u have to be quick sharing with him or u will be lucky to get one spoon .no one else ever wants to share with him so I always get stuck with it cos he says I wont eat it all ..well I never get chance to with the size of his mouth 😉
The like it size was about $6.80 I think and got a bottle of water that was $3.50.insane when I paid $3.95 for 40 bottles in Walmart but I forgot the bottles in the cooler in the car .home about 11 and that was another day over .my cousin is coming to meet us tomorrow so we are going to volcano bay again in the morning and meeting up with her about 3 so will try and update then when shes gone .😊
Unread 21 Jun 19, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

So Ive fallen behind but finally managed some photos .these are from hash house a go go on international drive .we went there tonight for dinner before the parks.food was great .portions were massive .bill was $74 after they took off the 20% discount with the dine for less cards I got free with my park tickets .

Edited at 05:08 AM.
Florida Tix