Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Jun 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
What a great idea to do universal later- will try that next month and have put steak and shake on my to do list. Can't wait for your next instalment 👍
belfastbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

As a mom of 3 i feel ur pain lol.
My boys at about 11 and 13 were so busy txxxing about they didnt notice a massive glass display at tge exit of GC.
Glass and souvenirs everywhere. I mean 100s of dollars worth of damage.
We had about 20$ on us lol.
We ran and they.dripped blood everywhere.
I was fuming and had no sympathy (shallow cuts they lived lmao)...
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
As a mom of 3 i feel ur pain lol.
My boys at about 11 and 13 were so busy txxxing about they didnt notice a massive glass display at tge exit of GC.
Glass and souvenirs everywhere. I mean 100s of dollars worth of damage.
We had about 20$ on us lol.
We ran and they.dripped blood everywhere.
I was fuming and had no sympathy (shallow cuts they lived lmao)...
Yup I’d be the same ..its yer own fault for messing about 🤣
roisin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by belfastbabe View Post
What a great idea to do universal later- will try that next month and have put steak and shake on my to do list. Can't wait for your next instalment 👍
Ye we did it again last night after the outlets and it’s much better queue wise even though there were heavy showers of rain and storm on and off ..hulk and rip ride rocket were closed on and off but the app is brilliant if you use it x
Old 19 Jun 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Day 5
Having a lazy day today so had a look on to see where was nice for breakfast nearby (just google maps and then read the trip advisor reviews )so we headed for woodsbys countryside cafe .was about 8 mins drive away .really lovely county style proper southern cooking and hospitality type place .smallest dd had kids pancakes (4) and I have smallest ds the two pancakes that came with my eggs and corn beef hash .the pancakes with mine were the size of a dinner plate and he couldn’t finish them .the corn beef hash was delish I always get this if they have it .dp and ds had two big massive feeds as well with the works on them and other dd had pancakes and bacon .they have me the full pot of coffee here too so I’m happy .this was our best breakfast yet ..really tasty and hot and it was full with locals which is always a good sign .the owner was walking round all the tables chatting to everyone .really couldn’t fault it and no one finished everything.bill was $41 plus tip.
Headed to Walmart on the way back to the villa to get some more water and bits for lunches .walmart is the smallies favourite thing to do ..they love looking at all the junk and picking stuff out .they wanted to get some floats for the pool at the villa so ds devised a plan to let dd pick hers and pay for it first because she copied him again and then he switched his for the one he really wanted and bought that instead ..he’s smarter than I thought.she was raging wen she realised he had got something different .he was delighted to have got one over on her .mmm I think we have rubbed off on the kids .
Back to the villa and it went from sun splitting the stones to lashing down for about 40 mins so hung about and went up then wen it cleared .dp and eldest ds stayed and had a nap as Walmart had taken it out of them .
The other three spent a nice few hours in the pool and no rows so got them out about 4.30 as they wanted to go to millers for dinner on I drive and go do a few rides in IOA .
Walked back along the lake behind the villas and there was a sign saying “do not enter water due to alligators “.now like I’ve said before I’m raising no brain surgeon so dd had a father Dougal moment and was in paddling at the edge .
Sometimes I lose the will to live with these two small one ones .anyway she didn’t get eaten so got them ready to head out for food ..eldest ds then started whining that he wanted in to the outlets on the way for a half hour so we stopped and the half hour turned in to two hours so decide to skip Miller’s and just eat in the food court and go straight to park .got Philly cheesesteaks from Charley’s and the gourmet fries .worst cheesesteak I’ve ever had ..I spent a year working in philly so I know what they should be like ..we do a better one in the restaurant I manage at home ..the loaded fries with cheese sauce bacon bits and ranch were good though ..this was about $85 for all 6 of us .go to the park for about 8.30 and had did minions as it was only 30 min queue and then the mummy 15 min wait .got Hogwarts express over to IOA and did forbidden journey as this is everyone’s favourite to ride together.ten min wait and watched the lights show on Hogwarts and headed off out and stopped at cold stone Creamery for an ice cream ..I shared a like it size with dp of cookie dough .it was good but u have to be quick sharing with him or u will be lucky to get one spoon .no one else ever wants to share with him so I always get stuck with it cos he says I won’t eat it all ..well I never get chance to with the size of his mouth 😉
The like it size was about $6.80 I think and got a bottle of water that was $3.50.insane when I paid $3.95 for 40 bottles in Walmart but I forgot the bottles in the cooler in the car .home about 11 and that was another day over .my cousin is coming to meet us tomorrow so we are going to volcano bay again in the morning and meeting up with her about 3 so will try and update then when she’s gone .😊
Old 21 Jun 19, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

So I’ve fallen behind but finally managed some photos .these are from hash house a go go on international drive .we went there tonight for dinner before the parks.food was great .portions were massive .bill was $74 after they took off the 20% discount with the dine for less cards I got free with my park tickets .

Edited at 05:08 AM.
Old 21 Jun 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by roisin View Post
So I’ve fallen behind but finally managed some photos .these are from hash house a go go on international drive .we went there tonight for dinner before the parks.food was great .portions were massive .bill was $74 after they took off the 20% discount with the dine for less cards I got free with my park tickets .
No photos hun. X
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Loving your report! Can just imagine your terror when you spotted your DD paddling in the lake! We never have the energy to go to the parks at night. We've loads of good intention but it rarely makes it past that. But it does seem like a good idea.
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Am loving the thoughts of only spending 1/2 hour at the outlets!
And your DS being cute enough to let your DD go ahead at the checkout. Brilliant
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Roisin it sounds like your having a great time. I’m pleased you managed to sneak out the pool for a bit peace, giggling at the near death ride and jogging! The kids sound like they are a riot I knew the cups were going to smash, I bet he was so pleased he got one up on his sister at the tills! Those chocolate frogs are just ridiculous I can imagine the scene-been there, got the t-shirt! Your milkshakes sound fab we are definitely going to have to try there. Enjoy the Cheetos I’m sure all the walking round the parks will burn them off...looking forward to reading more updates.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List