Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 19 Jun 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I would do my second job for free (though I have a wedding to pay for as many holidays so lets not tell them that!), I LOVE that job. Though there are days where you couldnt pay me enough to repeat them.

My main job, still a no from me!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Beautiful Wedding!
Unread 19 Jun 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by riversider2014 View Post
Ive always loved plane travel and the atmosphere of airports.

I pretty much fell into this career (I do health economic excel modelling looking at cost and effectiveness of new treatments) and while I enjoy the geeky excel side its the subject that isnt of great interest.

My skills are transferable to other industries and if I could do the same job but modelling passenger numbers at airports Id be in dreamworld😊Unfortunately it would require moving away from York to do that and Im too settled to do the upheaval. There is jet2 who are based in Leeds which is a possibility and I always keep an eye out on their site.

It's a good idea to keep an idea on the Jet2 website, but there are loads of jobs/careers which involve international travel and any of those would give you the airport / aeroplane travel experience. I'm sure lots of Dibbers will travel for their jobs.

Good luck

EC
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

I love my job, I work 3 days a week and feel that the work/life balance is perfect.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Festive trip to Disneyland Paris
Unread 20 Jun 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

I work for myself and like it but I'd love to be a teacher really in an Ideal world
Lets try Bulgaria !
Unread 20 Jun 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
Excited about Disney

I don't mind working- I like the routine of going to work and I like where I work on the whole, it is a 2 mile walk from home, my husband works here and I love the hours (7am-3.30pm). I have been made redundant three times in my life and I hate the thought of going through that again as I really hate changing jobs. Obviously if I won the lottery I would be off but I don't mind working here for as long as I can
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Operation Anniversary Trip
Unread 20 Jun 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

i dont mind working

I work from home as a service/installation engineer so pretty much manage my own days / time

don't think i could do a 9-5 job where i have to be at a desk at 09:00 and leave at 17:00 would do my head in, also wouldnt tolerate the office politics or cliques

im set in my ways now been at this for >30 years
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ambermark
Excited about Disney

I loved working. I worked as an LSA for children with emotional and behavioural disorders. It had its down sides, the masses of paperwork and sad stories being the main ones, but I loved the kids and it was differen5 everyday. But sadly my hubby got sick and I became his carer.
I did volunteer at homestart for a while when my hubby wasnt too bad and I could leave him for a few hours, but now hes my 24/7 job lol.
Ambermark is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our First Trip!