Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jun 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I have joined, BUT. I fail to see how different this is to using MFP without Team RH? Am I missing something
You get access to the closed support group on Facebook which has numerous videos by Richie and the team covering the nutrition, fitness and recipes.

The app contains your calorie allowance along with targets for carbs, protein, fibre and fats specifically worked out for you and you override mfp recommendations with these amounts.

I’m just starting week 3 and I am still learning about macros and nutrient dense food and I’ve found that Richie has a way of explaining it in a way I can take on board.

Also, I’ve tried mfp on its own in the past but this feels more accountable and that someone is actually monitoring what I eat more as the team has access to my food diary. This is what I need.
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
Thank you for posting this - I've been toying with joining for a while but the £50 price tag puts me off!

I've done WW on and off for years and am your classic definition of a yo-yo dieter. I really like this plan seems to be a more "authentic" weight loss plan which doesn't restrict certain foods or class anything as a "syn".
This was me with SW, although it worked, I lost 2.5 stone but put it all back on again with extra. I didn’t enjoy the classes and hated the syns as I would last so long then go off the wagon and binge as I felt deprived.

I was desperate and intended to go back regardless but stumbled on another thread where someone recommended Rh Fitness and realised that this is what I personally need to have a healthy outlook with food.

I wouldn’t diss SW, WW or other plans as many people use them and have loads of success but everyone is different and what suits one person doesn’t necessarily suit another. One thing for sure the weight loss industry will never go out of business.
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tillyjcm View Post
You get access to the closed support group on Facebook which has numerous videos by Richie and the team covering the nutrition, fitness and recipes.

The app contains your calorie allowance along with targets for carbs, protein, fibre and fats specifically worked out for you and you override mfp recommendations with these amounts.

I’m just starting week 3 and I am still learning about macros and nutrient dense food and I’ve found that Richie has a way of explaining it in a way I can take on board.

Also, I’ve tried mfp on its own in the past but this feels more accountable and that someone is actually monitoring what I eat more as the team has access to my food diary. This is what I need.
Okay. So they review what you are eating etc. I’ve watched some of the vídeos, and I agree, apart from the language it’s very direct and simple to understand. Also I do like the stop making excuses attitude.

I’ve joined the free group and applied for the subscription group. I’ve also upgraded MFP entered macros etc and already achieved my 10000 steps today which is encouraging

I was thinking could we move this thread to or start a social group page for ideas etc?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TORIMS
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have just started following TeamRH on Facebook and am planning on signing up! I starred running a few months ago but still haven’t really got my eating under control, but this looks like it could work for me!
Gets loads of great reviews and Richies videos are so good - he really does speak sense!

I look forward to seeing how everyone is getting on!

Vicki x

Apr 1998 Rodeway Inn International drive
Oct 2000 Quality Inn Anahiem, Navy lodge Coranado & The Rio Las Vegas
Apr 2005 Formosa Gardens & Toronto
Dec 2007 Newport Bay DLP
Feb 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

Aug 2014 2 weeks SSR (1 night HRH)
TORIMS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Okay. So they review what you are eating etc. I’ve watched some of the vídeos, and I agree, apart from the language it’s very direct and simple to understand. Also I do like the stop making excuses attitude.

I’ve joined the free group and applied for the subscription group. I’ve also upgraded MFP entered macros etc and already achieved my 10000 steps today which is encouraging

I was thinking could we move this thread to or start a social group page for ideas etc?
Social group is a great idea, would you like to set it up as I don’t know how

Regards the reviewing what you’re eating. I don’t think they do this as a regular thing but if you’re struggling with your targets then they will look at your food diary to find what could be affecting them.

Just the thought that they have access to the food diary makes me want to make better choices.
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I started off really well with TeamRH, and now it’s gone a bit downhill despite being 100% on it, not sure what’s going on, think it’s me rather than the plan itself, I’m on beta blockers and have a very low heart rate, so that’s probably why I’m struggling and have a slow metabolism. I lost 6.5lb in three weeks and now it’s starting to creep back on, without me changing anything, I could cry! I keep telling myself it’s water and I’ll be back on track tomorrow, but have been like it for a week now.

I’m going to give it another week then will ask the coaches for advice.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

I don't do FB do you think you can get as much out of it without that, just trying to justify the £50 spend.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rincelex View Post
I don't do FB do you think you can get as much out of it without that, just trying to justify the £50 spend.
No, it’s very much based on Facebook, they have a website but it has minimal info on it. I can only suggest that you set up a Facebook profile, doesn’t have to be in your full name and you don’t need to add any friends?

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

are they low carb? What kidn of macros they recommend
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
are they low carb? What kidn of macros they recommend
No they are not low carb, they are not low anything and believe in everything in moderation (with in your calorie allowance which is high so it's not low cal either) while trying to eat a within an 80/20 rule eventually (that's 80% decent nutrient dense food and 20% crap like chocolate, crisps etc of your daily calorie allowance)

Macros etc are all worked out once you join up and supply your own personal measurements / lifestyle
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List