Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Jun 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jellie
Apprentice Imagineer

Alamo prepaid car hire - skip the counter

Hi, I've prepaid my car hire and when I attempt to skip the counter, it's asking for a credit card and saying the amount due on collection is the full amount which I've already paid! Has anyone else had this problem, we've completed skip the counter before without any problems. I've emailed Alamo but haven't had a reply yet. I really don't want to have to go to the desk on arrival at MCO.
Thanks
Tracey

Daytona Beach 1991, Loma Linda 1992, Westridge 1993, Buenaventura Lakes 1994, Loma Vista 1997, Sandy Ridge 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014,2016,2017
jellie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

I presume you've booked with Alamo Brits? Its been a bit of a glitch for a couple of months now. Haven't heard back from anyone who had any issues locally. Alamo's response will be that they can see you've paid but you won't be able to use the online check in / skip the counter... Just ignore them on the last part, you can still use the OLCI.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jellie
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Andy, yes it's with Alamo brits. I've now spoken to someone who has said we can't do skip the counter as it's classed as a third party booking. I have been able to check in online though. Thanks for your quick response.

Daytona Beach 1991, Loma Linda 1992, Westridge 1993, Buenaventura Lakes 1994, Loma Vista 1997, Sandy Ridge 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014,2016,2017
jellie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

As I say, Ignore them when they tell you you can't skip the counter. You can.

DFCH-Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

A dibber who has had that problem. Back two weeks.

Couldn't even do OLCI but managed thanks to Andy (Andy ... Thanks again).

Had the same problem at Skip the Counter. It always asks for credit card details again anyway, but usually shows 0.00 to pay. Because of the glitch it showed we still had full amount to pay.

We completed Skip the Counter anyway as we knew about the glitch.

Emailed Alamo before we left who confirmed it was prepaid. Printed that off.

Printed off our original booking confirmation showing it was paid.

Printed off credit card statement showing the payment.

All printed out ready for any argument at exit barrier.

None of it needed. All showed nothing to pay on exiting. (Kept that too to bring home in case any problems now back).

Oh and you can do "Skip the Counter" with third party. There's lots of info at the sticky thread at the top.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
AnnaB
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi

I've just had the same issue, completed skip the counter and it now says I owe the full amount. I've emailed Alamo and they have said I can't pre-pay and skip the counter. I've always done this and never had any issues. Now I don't know what's going to happen on arrival?
AnnaB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Mobile

It's a known bug with bookings made through Alamo Brits.

Do the online check in as normal, go straight to the garage and present the paperwork as normal. Just take proof of payment and confirmation from Alamo that it's been paid as an extra precaution. A number of Dibbers have had the same issue but no problems when they arrive.

Alamo staff will always say you can't do the online check in or skip the counter. No idea why but clearly we can.

Old 29 Aug 17, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

This happened to me too last week, I did online check in and the clicked on a link to go ahead with skip the counter. When I got to the STC page I noticed that there was the full balance showing (I had prepaid the car hire but still have to pay for fuel which I usually do at the kiosk) and it was asking for credit card details so I freaked out and left the page so I could go back a double check my original booking email.

When I opened my emails I found the email with the barcode already there so I didn't add my credit card details to the STC page in the end.

I then came on the dibb to check and found it has been an issue for a few dibbers booking with Alamo Brits so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I'll only be charged for fuel at the barrier... I have a copy of my CC statement showing the payment and a copy of my original booking showing as prepaid to take with me, just in case

Edited at 08:06 AM.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

Glitch still happening. I've just completed online check in and skip the counter, but it is still showing the full balance even though I paid in full months ago.
I have the original reservation printed out showing full payment to go with my STC printouts.
Hoping for a smooth exit as I still need to add my free additional driver at the exit barrier!

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Happened to us, honestly, don't worry - head to the garage, pick your car and go the the barrier. No problems whatsoever.
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List