Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories
Unread 28 Aug 17, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Busy first day! We didn't go up OWO, one for next time. Great views, although it's a shame you were a bit disappointed with the experience you received.

The 9/11 memorial is amazing, but very surreal. I can't believe the Brooklyn Bridge was so busy, it was really quiet when we walked it ... well done on walking both ways, we got the subway over So jealous that you went to Jane's carousel, it's still on my bucket list as I took a fear of getting lost in Brooklyn and didn't venture away from the bridge Another thing on the "next time" list.

Well done on using the subway... I found the MTA app invaluable, and the subway much easier to get around than I had expected.
Loved the 9/11 memorial such a beautiful space, we walked both ways as I was still scared of the subway at that point! We would have got lost for sure without turning my data on and using google!
i love jack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Time to start planning
Unread 1 Sep 17, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brilliant day, picking up loads of tips

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Back to Orlando June 2020
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Gulf Coast and Orlando
Unread 1 Sep 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Brilliant day, picking up loads of tips
That's good thank you for reading
i love jack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Time to start planning
Unread 21 Sep 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Liz
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
We are planning our first trip next July with DS 16 and DD 13, same ages as your boys.
Half wishing we were just going back to Florida again to what we know but promised something special for next year.
Flights booked and looking for hotels. Came across your trip report looking for posts about Broadway Plaza.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your 1st day and just wanted to say hi before I continue reading the rest of your trip report.
I feel very much out of my comfort zone planning this one so need tons of research/advice/help...
Unread 22 Sep 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida Liz View Post
We are planning our first trip next July with DS 16 and DD 13, same ages as your boys.
Half wishing we were just going back to Florida again to what we know but promised something special for next year.
Flights booked and looking for hotels. Came across your trip report looking for posts about Broadway Plaza.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your 1st day and just wanted to say hi before I continue reading the rest of your trip report.
I feel very much out of my comfort zone planning this one so need tons of research/advice/help...
Aah thank you, and hi to you too 😊 That's exactly how we felt too, just wanted the comfort of Florida but we really enjoyed our trip, would definately recommend the broadway plaza, the room was fantastic and we saved a fortune on Breakfast! If there's anything I can help with feel free to ask
Time to start planning
Unread 22 Sep 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Liz
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
I have read all your trip report and loved it. Very inspirational

I'm a bit shocked at the prices of the hotels. Is it best to book early or wait till nearer the time?
Think we might have to cancel Christmas this year and remortgage the house. Makes Florida prices look very cheap
Unread 24 Sep 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida Liz View Post
I have read all your trip report and loved it. Very inspirational

I'm a bit shocked at the prices of the hotels. Is it best to book early or wait till nearer the time?
Think we might have to cancel Christmas this year and remortgage the house. Makes Florida prices look very cheap
Thank you for reading
I have no idea I'm afraid, we just booked kind of impulsively through Expedia so didn't really compare any prices.
Time to start planning
Unread 13 Dec 17, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
GopherLass
Imagineer

I lived in the city for almost thirty years - but moved to the country after marrying DH. And for like the first SIX MONTHS, it would take me hours to fall asleep. It was just TOO quiet.

But then I got used to it - and now being in places like New York - every noise wakes me. Curse the man who invented that backing up beeper thing on the bin lorries! Even eight floors up we could hear it!

PS: I see that you and I share a fondness for exclamation marks. I knew I liked you.

Trip Reports: Boston and D.C. Florida 2016 Disney Cruise & Orlando 2017
GopherLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2018 Worlds in QATAR?!