Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories
Florida Escapes
Unread 13 Jan 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
I dissuaded Poot from the High Line (It'll just be plants and tourists, said I) - it never OCCURRED to me to use it for crosswalk-avoidance! What I haven't learned from this trippie, I tell ya.

Googling "Manhattan Nose Sculpture" just got me a passel of ads for plastic surgeons - but I also looked at that thing and saw "nose" (with sneeze-guards?). Modern art is not for me.

I showed the cheese shop photo to Poot (MISTAKE! What did I get from him? "Why didn't WE go there? You just didn't want to spend more money on CHEESE. DAD would have agreed." Sigh.).

And you were LUCKY that the Giants had a bag-storage facility. The last time we went to a Vikings game...NOTHING...there were just massive bins to throw out your handbag - after decanting all of its contents into your pockets. Seriously.

When the game was over we saw women rootling through the bins (which by then were also full of beer cups, etc...) trying to reclaim their bags. Regular football game-goers may know the crazy rules...but I think the tickets should show the bag policy in BIG LETTERS.
Yes Im more more about the practicalities of avoiding crosswalks (they are a pain) than art!
It was a shame I didnt get a toasted sandwich from the cheese shop - next time! I loved Greenwich, this was one of my favourite days of our stay

What a pain about the Vikings game, so youactually have to chuck away your bags? Nightmare
i love jack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Time to start planning
Unread 13 Jan 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
GopherLass
Imagineer

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Yes Im more more about the practicalities of avoiding crosswalks (they are a pain) than art!
It was a shame I didnt get a toasted sandwich from the cheese shop - next time! I loved Greenwich, this was one of my favourite days of our stay

What a pain about the Vikings game, so youactually have to chuck away your bags? Nightmare
You did back in 2015 - I was ready with my (classy) clear plastic sack - but a LOT of ladies weren't. You can't even bring a camera case inside NFL stadia these days...

We actually saw a couple of women say to their husbands, "Here - sell my ticket. My bag's worth four hundred dollars - I'll wait for you in the car."

Trip Reports: Boston and D.C. Florida 2016 Disney Cruise & Orlando 2017
GopherLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2018 Worlds in QATAR?!
Unread 19 Jan 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Fab day. The football game looks lots of fun, something I'll look into. I wouldn't have a clue either about the rules of the game but I bet the atmosphere is great!
Christmas Markets and More! Berlin - Nov/Dec 2018 Trip Report
The BIG Las Vegas Surprise - Feb 2019 Trip Report
The BIG Little Lies California Road Trip - Jul/Aug 2019 Pre trip Report
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The BIG California Road Trip
Unread 20 Jan 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Fab day. The football game looks lots of fun, something I'll look into. I wouldn't have a clue either about the rules of the game but I bet the atmosphere is great!
This was one of the things the boys enjoyed most, it was as good to do .
i love jack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Time to start planning
Florida Tix