Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > General Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories
Unread 27 Aug 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

There were a couple of times when we found ourselves wondering what to do next as well, like you say, ridiculous in a city with so much to do! Wow, those salads... expensive, but it looks like you got a lot of food for your money.

Good shopping, especially at B&BW
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Route 66 road trip ...
Unread 28 Aug 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
There were a couple of times when we found ourselves wondering what to do next as well, like you say, ridiculous in a city with so much to do! Wow, those salads... expensive, but it looks like you got a lot of food for your money.

Good shopping, especially at B&BW
I think you feel like you should always be doing something to make the most of it!
Expensive but they were good!
i love jack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Time to start planning
Unread 14 Jan 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
GopherLass
Imagineer

You had me...at Shake Shack (wipes drool off chin).

And I bought a little hand cream/liquid soap tray thing for the bathroom - OK..I was going to tell you all about it but (JEEZ...April!) - it's probably enough to tell you that you should definitely pick one up next time - so useful.

Oh - My - Goodness! The Million-Dollar Salads! Poor you!

That's interesting (and horrible) about the homeless kids selling stuff on the streets - we didn't see any of that down in the Garment District, but I did notice more people than I've seen in the past sleeping rough, etc...and SO MANY more of those little pop-up tables with a woman behind them selling slices of fruit. One of the many ways that NY feels like Latin America these days...hmm...

And you know I have a son, so I mean this in the most bless-his-heart way possible..."he asked her at Nando's".

Trip Reports: Boston and D.C. Florida 2016 Disney Cruise & Orlando 2017
GopherLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2018 Worlds in QATAR?!
Unread 14 Jan 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
You had me...at Shake Shack (wipes drool off chin).

And I bought a little hand cream/liquid soap tray thing for the bathroom - OK..I was going to tell you all about it but (JEEZ...April!) - it's probably enough to tell you that you should definitely pick one up next time - so useful.

Oh - My - Goodness! The Million-Dollar Salads! Poor you!

That's interesting (and horrible) about the homeless kids selling stuff on the streets - we didn't see any of that down in the Garment District, but I did notice more people than I've seen in the past sleeping rough, etc...and SO MANY more of those little pop-up tables with a woman behind them selling slices of fruit. One of the many ways that NY feels like Latin America these days...hmm...

And you know I have a son, so I mean this in the most bless-his-heart way possible..."he asked her at Nando's".
Aah I loved that evening at shake shack
Haha I must put the soap tray on my list for next time
They were really good salads though and salads probably isnt the best description, Andy had a full on Indian meal
We trekked for ages looking for the girlfriend present!
i love jack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Time to start planning
Unread 14 Jan 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a great day. I understand completely the dilemma of choosing between a beer or Shake Shack shake. I will generally choose an alcoholic drink on an evening out, but Shake Shack shakes are irresistible, so many flavours and all delicious 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Where shall we go next?
Unread 17 Jan 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Sounds like a great day. I understand completely the dilemma of choosing between a beer or Shake Shack shake. I will generally choose an alcoholic drink on an evening out, but Shake Shack shakes are irresistible, so many flavours and all delicious 😀
Such a hard choice haha!
Time to start planning
Unread 19 Jan 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Ha, did the same with new York salads on our first trip 20 odd years ago. Yours looks much nicer! I love the park near the flat iron and will be looking into that shake shack. Thanks for some great ideas.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Again?!? Yes please.
Unread 19 Jan 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Waltdisnae View Post
Ha, did the same with new York salads on our first trip 20 odd years ago. Yours looks much nicer! I love the park near the flat iron and will be looking into that shake shack. Thanks for some great ideas.
Haha glad its not just me then! I did love shake shack
Time to start planning
Florida Tix