Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 4 Apr 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
Imagineer

Mobile Anyone live in York - Parking Question

Hoping for some local knowledge please. Im familiar with York as was 25 years ago when I went to Uni there. Will be taking DD to a Uni Open Day (nostalgia overload and tears expected 🙄 ) and plan to stay at the Premier Inn near the station. Id like to drive ideally. Any suggestions for a close long stay car park please? I used to live in this area and there was no parking then so am assuming its worse now not better!
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ July 2020
Unread 4 Apr 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi im from Liverpool but visit York regulary - weve stayed at the Premier Inn in Blossom st by the station and they have a car park at the back of the premises which we used for the 2 days.
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our 5th WDW Visit
Unread 4 Apr 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellemum View Post
Hi im from Liverpool but visit York regulary - weve stayed at the Premier Inn in Blossom st by the station and they have a car park at the back of the premises which we used for the 2 days.
Thanks. Im sure it said no parking when I looked. Are there two Premier Inns in close proximity to each other?
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ July 2020
Unread 4 Apr 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

I dont live there but visit fairly often ( I also went to uni there many years ago). Theres a long term car park at the station with loads of spaces. Its 7/day on a Saturday/Sunday which isnt bad for york but 17 on a weekday
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
I've not stayed at the premier inn on blossom street, but I'm sure friends have stayed there with parking. It's a biggish hotel though and unless they have a secret underground car park, I cannot see they'd have enough for everyone! But it's closely registration, so maybe most people don't drive there?!
However, if no parking there, I would say that Nunnery Lane is the closest long stay car park.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DVC for the 1st time (AKL)
Unread 4 Apr 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
BlueDaves suggestion is definitely cheaper for a weekend. Nunnery Lane fractionally cheaper on weekdays.
Also, my experience is that the station car park fills up quickly with morning commuters on weekdays.

Enjoy your visit to York .

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DVC for the 1st time (AKL)
Unread 4 Apr 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Proud to wear my Ears

The 2 premier inns are right next to each other - the car park was right behind them by a rent a car office - give them a call to check cos we just left the car there and its only a 5 min walk to the town center. I hope its still in use.
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our 5th WDW Visit
Unread 4 Apr 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Hoping for some local knowledge please. Im familiar with York as was 25 years ago when I went to Uni there. Will be taking DD to a Uni Open Day (nostalgia overload and tears expected 🙄 ) and plan to stay at the Premier Inn near the station. Id like to drive ideally. Any suggestions for a close long stay car park please? I used to live in this area and there was no parking then so am assuming its worse now not better!
Parking has not got any better in York, However, the Premier Inn near the station has an agreement with the NCP just around the corner to offer the same price for parking. It is actually a better option as there is more space around the cars.
We paid exactly what we would have done in the Premier Inn
There are loads of spaces and reception at Premier Inn simply validate your ticket before you pay at the NCP.

Hotel is close to everything

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - click here to read a trip report in progress

All of our previous Trip reports can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going out in a Blaze of Glory.