Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Apr 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile Anyone live in York - Parking Question

Hoping for some local knowledge please. I’m familiar with York as was 25 years ago when I went to Uni there. Will be taking DD to a Uni Open Day (nostalgia overload and tears expected 🙄 ) and plan to stay at the Premier Inn near the station. I’d like to drive ideally. Any suggestions for a close long stay car park please? I used to live in this area and there was no parking then so am assuming it’s worse now not better!
Old 4 Apr 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

Hi im from Liverpool but visit York regulary - weve stayed at the Premier Inn in Blossom st by the station and they have a car park at the back of the premises which we used for the 2 days.
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellemum View Post
Hi im from Liverpool but visit York regulary - weve stayed at the Premier Inn in Blossom st by the station and they have a car park at the back of the premises which we used for the 2 days.
Thanks. I’m sure it said no parking when I looked. Are there two Premier Inns in close proximity to each other?
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

I don’t live there but visit fairly often ( I also went to uni there many years ago). There’s a long term car park at the station with loads of spaces. It’s £7/day on a Saturday/Sunday which isn’t bad for york but £17 on a weekday
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
I've not stayed at the premier inn on blossom street, but I'm sure friends have stayed there with parking. It's a biggish hotel though and unless they have a secret underground car park, I cannot see they'd have enough for everyone! But it's closely registration, so maybe most people don't drive there?!
However, if no parking there, I would say that Nunnery Lane is the closest long stay car park.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
BlueDaves suggestion is definitely cheaper for a weekend. Nunnery Lane fractionally cheaper on weekdays.
Also, my experience is that the station car park fills up quickly with morning commuters on weekdays.

Enjoy your visit to York .

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

The 2 premier inns are right next to each other - the car park was right behind them by a rent a car office - give them a call to check cos we just left the car there and its only a 5 min walk to the town center. I hope its still in use.
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Hoping for some local knowledge please. I’m familiar with York as was 25 years ago when I went to Uni there. Will be taking DD to a Uni Open Day (nostalgia overload and tears expected 🙄 ) and plan to stay at the Premier Inn near the station. I’d like to drive ideally. Any suggestions for a close long stay car park please? I used to live in this area and there was no parking then so am assuming it’s worse now not better!
Parking has not got any better in York, However, the Premier Inn near the station has an agreement with the NCP just around the corner to offer the same price for parking. It is actually a better option as there is more space around the cars.
We paid exactly what we would have done in the Premier Inn
There are loads of spaces and reception at Premier Inn simply validate your ticket before you pay at the NCP.

Hotel is close to everything

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
There are 2 premier inns on Blossom street, north and south, they are almost next door to each other, (one used to be Brubakers at the start of the Micklegate run). One has use of a small car park at the back, the other doesn't. Other than that you have the Nunnery lane car park or the station one close by.

No idea about cost as we park at work if we drive in.
Old 5 Apr 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jellie
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, we normally stay in the layerthorpe travelodge which is just outside the city centre and has free parking. It’s an easy 10 minute walk into York. Check in time is 3 p.m but you can park earlier, just give reception your reg and you can stay after check out as well.

Daytona Beach 1991, Loma Linda 1992, Westridge 1993, Buenaventura Lakes 1994, Loma Vista 1997, Sandy Ridge 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014,2016,2017
jellie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List