Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Apr 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

ADR day yesterday

So my long awaited ADR day arrived yesterday. I've managed to get all the restaurants I wanted, not on the days I wanted (plan being completely made over) but also not at the best of times. I've seen a lot of you mention that it might be possible to alter the times once booked, do I do this through the app and how soon after booking can I try? If I can't manage to change the times I'm sure we'll cope but I'd at least like to make a couple of them a wee bit later.

Anyway for anyone interested I managed to get:

Fantastic Dining - Mamma Melrose - 3.45 pm
Narcoossee's - 5.25 pm
T-rex (for the kids - they'll love the decor) 3.15 pm
Tusker House breakfast - 8.50 am (had hoped for earlier)
Be Our Guest dinner 4.50 pm

As a I say the times aren't exactly what I was looking for but hopefully I'll be able to tweak them a wee bit.
Old 16 Apr 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

When you made your ADRs did you search for the specific times you wanted, rather than "Breakfast", "Lunch" etc? Doing it this way is less likely to result in odd times. It was also my ADR day yesterday and I had no problems getting anything at the times that we wanted - but I made sure to choose the exact time. The only one which was a bit odd was Chef Art Smith which initially came up with nothing. I then asked for 30 minutes later and it offered me the time I actually wanted! But yes, you should be able to try and modify them - just keep checking each day as people change their plans a lot (I currently have a couple of restaurants booked twice until we finalise our plans a bit more in the next couple of weeks and then will likely let the duplicates go).
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
bloominadversit
Getting Excited

Mobile

Yes check regularly and also definitely at the 60 and 30 day windows as people will get their fast passes and edit their ADRs to match.
bloominadversit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ive always done the same as Caroian and got times fairly near /at when we wanted. Just go into your reservations and keep rechecking - before they give you the new time they'll prompt you to cancel the current time.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yes I was going to say go back at 60 and 30 day fast pass booking as everyone changes their plans!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
So my long awaited ADR day arrived yesterday. I've managed to get all the restaurants I wanted, not on the days I wanted (plan being completely made over) but also not at the best of times. I've seen a lot of you mention that it might be possible to alter the times once booked, do I do this through the app and how soon after booking can I try? If I can't manage to change the times I'm sure we'll cope but I'd at least like to make a couple of them a wee bit later.

Anyway for anyone interested I managed to get:

Fantastic Dining - Mamma Melrose - 3.45 pm
Narcoossee's - 5.25 pm
T-rex (for the kids - they'll love the decor) 3.15 pm
Tusker House breakfast - 8.50 am (had hoped for earlier)
Be Our Guest dinner 4.50 pm

As a I say the times aren't exactly what I was looking for but hopefully I'll be able to tweak them a wee bit.
I have lately found that changing times functionality / modify booking just doesn’t work anymore. Of course it will only work if there is availability anyway, so I just do a new booking search, I agree better to search on times than “breakfast, lunch or dinner”.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, I did search on times rather than meals, I’d already read that tip in this section before. As I said the times aren’t terrible just not quite what I was hoping for. I’ve had a chat with the group and they all seem happy enough with the altered plan to suit the dining times.
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I didn't get the times I would have liked on the 180 day, but in the intervening period I have checked again at various intervals, and have been able to change bookings to times much closer and in the main exactly what I wanted originally. The key is book what you can, then keep an eye on it and you can move things closer to what you want as people do just that, changing their minds, altering plans etc

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Fantasmic package is always afternoon because they use it to fill the quiet times in the restaurant. You might get an earlier time though and have lunch.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List