Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 8 May 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JDT2019 View Post
DS starts next week (although has had German speaking last week). The timetable seems pretty full with exams most days up to half term, he doesn't go on study leave until half term either, which I thought strange.

He seems calm ATM, fingers crossed it stays that way, he did say the other day, he best do well, as he never revised so hard, I am so hoping he does too, but if not, I know he has put the effort in.His treat is 16th Birthday at Disney!

I have had to change my Annual leave as I had booked 4 weeks off starting a few days before we fly to Disney for our first ever visit (excited is an understatment!) to then find out results day was the day I went back to work, I couldn't bring myself to ask for another day off, so have moved it all right by 1 day.

Good luck to all the teens who have exams, and look forward to hearing about their results. And of course good luck to the parents who hold it all together xx
My DD got her GCSE results when we were in Florida, I have such fond memories of that day now. Good luck to your DS and have an amazing stress free holiday
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Herbster
Helping Minnie

My DS has already sat his RE GCSE in Yr 10 (Catholic School), also sat his 10 hour Art GCSE & also completed his performance part of Drama. Only 15 more to go starting next week 😬😬 hes in a good place, on track to get the grades he needs for 6th form place, cant ask any more of him, were extremely proud of how much time, effort & hard work he has put in. 😊😊
Herbster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Pickering's Disney 2019 Adventure
Unread 8 May 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Herbster View Post
My DS has already sat his RE GCSE in Yr 10 (Catholic School), also sat his 10 hour Art GCSE & also completed his performance part of Drama. Only 15 more to go starting next week 😬😬 hes in a good place, on track to get the grades he needs for 6th form place, cant ask any more of him, were extremely proud of how much time, effort & hard work he has put in. 😊😊
Ah good luck to him
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
slightly serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Hello fellow GCSE parents

Dd has done her Spanish and French oral exams last week and all the Drama practicals last term. Her 29 written exams start next week.

DS A Levels start the week after.

I wish theyd both done more work but Ive done everything I can think of to encourage them. My concern is Dd who tends to worry will realise she should have done more after the first written exam so it will be a case if keeping her calm and focused. As long as she gets what she needs to do the A Levels she has chosen then all will be fine.
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
New York and Orlando done...
Unread 8 May 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hopefulholiday View Post
Hello fellow GCSE parents

Dd has done her Spanish and French oral exams last week and all the Drama practicals last term. Her 29 written exams start next week.

DS A Levels start the week after.

I wish theyd both done more work but Ive done everything I can think of to encourage them. My concern is Dd who tends to worry will realise she should have done more after the first written exam so it will be a case if keeping her calm and focused. As long as she gets what she needs to do the A Levels she has chosen then all will be fine.
Best of luck to her, there's only so much they can do in the end
Unread 8 May 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

My DD is doing her GCSEs as well this year. She has already done two Food and Nutrition practicals earlier this year and her German speaking last week. RS is her first exam next week.

She's been attending the school revision classes when she can and has been revising. I tell her that only she knows if she is revising enough. When she opens her results the last thing she wants to feel is disappointed because she could have done better with more revision. She is always anxious over exams so I'm going to get her some Bach's Rescue Remedy as it seemed to help her with her SATs.

My DS is in Year 9 and is currently doing his end of year exams. He has done absolutely no revision whatsoever despite my nagging, but knowing him he will do well. He never worries about exams and most of the time it comes naturally to him. Its so unfair on my DD who tries so hard.

Good luck everyone
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fabulous 50th Florida Fandango!
Unread 8 May 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Dizzy View Post
My DD is doing her GCSEs as well this year. She has already done two Food and Nutrition practicals earlier this year and her German speaking last week. RS is her first exam next week.

She's been attending the school revision classes when she can and has been revising. I tell her that only she knows if she is revising enough. When she opens her results the last thing she wants to feel is disappointed because she could have done better with more revision. She is always anxious over exams so I'm going to get her some Bach's Rescue Remedy as it seemed to help her with her SATs.

My DS is in Year 9 and is currently doing his end of year exams. He has done absolutely no revision whatsoever despite my nagging, but knowing him he will do well. He never worries about exams and most of the time it comes naturally to him. Its so unfair on my DD who tries so hard.

Good luck everyone
This is exactly my 2! DS also year 9 and doing end of year exams is bone idle when it comes to revising but I just know hell get great results. Not fair is it
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Birthday break in Krakow
Unread 8 May 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
My son has hardly done any either aside from after school and I am sick of nagging so now its down to him . He did fairly well in mocks without revision so feels he will be fine which was the exact thing I didnt want to happen.
This is exactly my son! Im sick of hearing my own voice asking him if hes done or planning to do any revision. I know all hes doing at school now is going over everything they have already learnt I just hope its going to be enough.
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Portaventura and Salou
Orlando Attractions