Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 May 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

Question Using Rosen Plaza Facilites

Hi Everyone,

We will be staying at the Rosen Inn @ Pointe and have been told by a friend that we can nip across to the Plaza to use the facilities (pool/restaurant) there.

Can anyone advise if this is the case and if you have done it?

Thanks
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I’ve not stayed for a few years but when I did, there was definitely no security at the front door or door out to the pool, I never had to prove I was staying there. Same for the bar and restaurants.

This might have changed since I was there last - maybe other Dibbers will have upto date info.

It’s a lovely hotel, definitely worth a visit.

Edited at 11:37 AM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't see any problems eating there, but to be honest,I don't think you should be able to use the Rosen Plaza pool even if you are in a Rosen up the road.At times the pools are busy and it's not fair on guests at the hotel if the loungers were taken by people who hadn't paid to stay there.Just like Disney don't allow it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

Stayed at the Rosen Plaza last year for 3 weeks and the pool area can get very busy. This may explain why.

I am firmly of the opinion if you want to use the facilities in the Rosen Plaza then pay for it by booking there. Don’t book the cheaper hotel up the road then use the Rosen Plaza’s pool cause it’s a nicer hotel.

Rosen does not share pool facilities between the hotels.

Edited at 06:43 PM.
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Benno1
Imagineer

Benno1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We’ve just got back from the Rosen Plaza and there were quite a few people that came down from Rosen at Pointe to use the pool at the Plaza. Must admit I thought it was a bit cheeky, as you say... if you want the facilities in the Plaza, pay for it, it’s not as if there aren’t any pools at the Rosen at Pointe. However the only day the pool was busy was on Saturdays. Other than that there was never any shortage of beds.

Days Inn Convention Center 1999
Quality Inn Plaza 2000/1/2/3/4/5/6/8/9/10
Rosen Inn @ Pointe (Old QIP) 2013/14/16/18
Rosen Plaza 2019
Benno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

I was under the impression from my friend that the facilities were shared, from comments here I can see that this doesn't appear to be the case so we wont be visiting the Plaza on this occasion.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lynda__Loo View Post
I was under the impression from my friend that the facilities were shared, from comments here I can see that this doesn't appear to be the case so we wont be visiting the Plaza on this occasion.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Why not ask the hotel for an official answer?
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Maybe officially it is fine, but I'm also of the view that only the guests of that hotel should use it! We have stayed at both the RI@Pointe and just returned from the Plaza. The pool at the Plaza was indeed very busy on some days. The RI has plenty of pools so really their guests should be using those seeing as the Plaza only has one. I'm sure there's no issue at all with you using the bars and restaurants as a non guest.

I did overhear a large group of women in the pool talking about 'going back to their hotel' and thought that was odd if they were already at their hotel, so that explains it. There was no security around the pool and nobody checking you were staying there, to be honest anyone could just walk in off the street and use it.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Maybe officially it is fine, but I'm also of the view that only the guests of that hotel should use it! We have stayed at both the RI@Pointe and just returned from the Plaza. The pool at the Plaza was indeed very busy on some days. The RI has plenty of pools so really their guests should be using those seeing as the Plaza only has one. I'm sure there's no issue at all with you using the bars and restaurants as a non guest.

I did overhear a large group of women in the pool talking about 'going back to their hotel' and thought that was odd if they were already at their hotel, so that explains it. There was no security around the pool and nobody checking you were staying there, to be honest anyone could just walk in off the street and use it.
We're staying at the Rosen Plaza in December for 4 weeks and this will really pee me off,definitely shouldn't be allowed,same hotel group or not.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List