Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21 May 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#11
JudyC
Imagineer
 
JudyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 05
I had this dilemma for our cruise which is next month. I chose P&O for the ports Norway and the Ffjords , and because the dates fitted in. Dressing up isn't really our thing, but DH had said he'll take a suit with shirt and tie and proper shoes in case we decide we want to go to one of the formal nights. I have a nice dress I bought years ago and have only worn a handful of times, and I've just ordered a pashmina. Not sure if I'll be able to wear heels as I've hurt my leg, so it may be my sparkly flip flop type sandals.
I've also ordered some black palazzo style pants I could wear with a nice top.

We do like to dress smart casual when we go out, but dinner suits and cocktail dresses don't feature. If we go to one formal night and find it too stuffy we won't bother with the second night.

Edited at 09:16 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
#12
vampiress88
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 18
Mobile

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I had this dilemma for our cruise which is next month. I chose P&O for the ports Norway and the Ffjords , and because the dates fitted in. Dressing up isn't really our thing, but DH had said he'll take a suit with shirt and tie and proper shoes in case we decide we want to go to one of the formal nights. I have a nice dress I bought years ago and have only worn a handful of times, and I've just ordered a pashmina. Not sure if I'll be able to wear heels as I've hurt my leg, so it may be my sparkly flip flop type sandals.
I've also ordered some black palazzo style pants I could wear with a nice top.

We do like to dress smart casual when we go out, but dinner suits and cocktail dresses don't feature. If we go to one formal night and find it too stuffy we won't bother with the second night.
See I was worried as i wore leggings, boots and a fancy top and hubby was jeans and top to the casual and I thought Iíd be dressed down but didnít feel it when we were out. Was exactly what it wear if I was going out for night at pub etc
P&o is seen as stuffy more cos itís majorly over 50s but didnít find it that bad.
Formal -dress and nice shoes and suit is all you need. Basically wedding.

Some have proper gowns and tux but not many.

Only thing thatís pants is being asked to leave if your not dressed up enough as your then limited
vampiress88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
#13
JudyC
Imagineer
 
JudyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 05
Mobile

We are both over 50😁, well I'm 56 and hubby will have just turned 59 before our cruise. We looked at Fred Olsen cruises originally as they go from Liverpool, but decided the age demographic was perhaps too old for us.
I'm happy with a mix of all ages, I guess as it's not school holidays there won't be so many families with school age children on this one. Our kids are grown up so that suits us now 😀
__________________
2018 Vegas & San Diego 2017 Vegas/Arizona/Utah 2013 New York/Vegas/California
2010 California
2000 2004 2006 2008 2011 2015 Florida
93 94 03 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#14
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber
 
Loopylooloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 13
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
We are both over 50😁, well I'm 56 and hubby will have just turned 59 before our cruise. We looked at Fred Olsen cruises originally as they go from Liverpool, but decided the age demographic was perhaps too old for us.
I'm happy with a mix of all ages, I guess as it's not school holidays there won't be so many families with school age children on this one. Our kids are grown up so that suits us now 😀
Dont write off Fred Olsen! Im 47, just back from an amazing cruise with them, we had loads of fun!
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
#15
Dinglebert
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Aug 09

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I enjoy the formal nights as I feel its part of the holiday. I am fortunate in having a national dress to wear rather than DJ. I do go to a number of formal evenings as part of my normal life and its quite easy to just get out the kilt.
Dinglebert is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
#16
Scaramouche
Imagineer
 
Scaramouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 13
Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
I enjoy the formal nights as I feel its part of the holiday. I am fortunate in having a national dress to wear rather than DJ. I do go to a number of formal evenings as part of my normal life and its quite easy to just get out the kilt.
We also really enjoy dressing up as we donít get to do it often
__________________
August 2013 - 9 Nights Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2015 - 4 Nights Hard Rock Hotel, 12 Nights Coronado Springs Resort
September 2016 - Florida with my Prince!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
#17
JudyC
Imagineer
 
JudyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 05
Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Dont write off Fred Olsen! Im 47, just back from an amazing cruise with them, we had loads of fun!
Yes actually I read your report after I'd booked with P&O 😀 It did look really good. I think because our neighbours went on one of their cruises and said a lot of people were older it slightly put me off. I don't think they do a Fjjords cruise sailing from Liverpool anyway, could be mistaken.
If we like this cruise we'll keep our options open 😀
__________________
2018 Vegas & San Diego 2017 Vegas/Arizona/Utah 2013 New York/Vegas/California
2010 California
2000 2004 2006 2008 2011 2015 Florida
93 94 03 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Airlines
On 3rd August 9:48am
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has conducted a review into airline refund practices during the... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland Paris
On 1st August 1:13pm
With the new Ratatouille ride coming to EPCOT at Walt Disney World, Disney has released... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 30th July 9:26am
Disney has not only been welcoming guests back to their theme parks, they have also... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2802
CaxtonFX  $1.2740
Covent Garden FX  $1.2953
FAIRFX  $1.2760
John Lewis  $1.2802
M&S  $1.2613
Post Office  $1.2594
Sainsburys  $1.2760
TESCO  $1.2784
Travelex  $1.2738
Updated: 09:00 14/08/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0834
CaxtonFX  €1.0794
Covent Garden FX  €1.0902
FAIRFX  €1.0820
John Lewis  €1.0832
M&S  €1.0669
Post Office  €1.0648
Sainsburys  €1.0806
TESCO  €1.0823
Travelex  €1.0776
Updated: 09:00 14/08/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now