Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jun 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

This is good news! We will be traveling with a 23 month old and his grandparents and didn't want to have to leave him with them for hours whilst we queued for this... if we have an allocated time to come back to ride that will be great! (We will also have express passes but from what I read above it won't have an express pass queue)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Wasn't a fan of the virtual queue when we went last year...
We arrived at US late afternoon and wanted to ride Jimmy Fallon. Were told by the staff outside to go to the machines to get a return time, yet the machines said all remaining return times were taken the for day...
We asked the staff if we could join the standby queue and they told us they were only doing virtual queue for the rest of the day.

In the 10-15 minutes we were around the attraction, approximately 5 people went into the ride, meaning a bunch of people had obviously booked virtual queue times then just not bothered to show up for them, yet they wouldn't let others into the ride!

If they're going to use this for Hagrid I really hope they get a more efficient system than that!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

From what I understand the virtual queue won’t get you a return time to go straight on the ride, but they will start the virtual queue system when the normal queue line is full /certain length. When it’s your return time you simply join the normal queue. This is to stop those ridiculously long lines that spill out of that actual ride queue line, like most big new rides get these days. I would still expect Upto a 2 hr physical queue after waiting in the virtual line.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
Still just a rumour. Where is this "official" blog? Cant seem to find it anywhere.
Not sure what part is still rumour but the link is here:

blog.universalorlando/vi...it-to-hagrids/
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sospan
Excited about Disney

Guests with waist over 40inches not allowed on ride?
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sospan View Post
Wow just noticed that, in the US, heck even in the UK that seems excessive, not sure that can be right.
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sospan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
Wow just noticed that, in the US, heck even in the UK that seems excessive, not sure that can be right.
It will certainly cut down the queues a bit
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wow. However, average UK male is around 34” waist.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

It will certainly cut down the queues a bit
I suppose so, just be a line of really angry people! I remember first time for me at Universal in 2011 and I was asked to try the test seat on Forbidden Journey. I looked a little confused at the team member as I am no stick but not overweight. I was told quietly it was because of someone in the queue behind us and they needed to show they were being impartial. Needless to say the said person behind me was not happy!
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Wow. However, average UK male is around 34” waist.
36" for me but have been 38" which would start to get close...