Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 12 Jun 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by aj26392 View Post
Hi!

Last time we did HHN we bought express passes for 1 day and did most of the houses that night, then we weren't in a rush to do anything the remaining nights.

We went earlier than we're going this year though and I'm guessing that earlier = quieter. We haven't yet bought express for 2019.

If we have 8 nights to go, would you think we'll be good with doing early entry etc (where you stay in the park before the event) and not have to bother with express passes?

26th Sept - 10th Oct are our holiday dates.
We went to HHN middle of September in 2017 and didnt use any express pass, but still got to do all the houses in one evening.

If youve got multiple days, Id see what it likes the first night, and see what I can get done, then just do anything else the other nights.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal Endless Summer in...
Unread 12 Jun 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

As you are going multiple nights I would give the Stay and Scream a go and see how it works for you. Fridays will be busy - there is no avoiding that, just so long as you are aware you should be able to plan around it.
The first night you go I would use the Simpsons area holding zone. They generally take you to the back of the park around Men in Black. Here you should be able to do 3 houses minimum - possibly 4 depending on how quickly the crowd moves through the park. After that use the park app to keep a check on queue times and hit another house accordingly. If you want to stay later use the time to enjoy the scare zones and show.
On the second night - provided its not a Friday - go to Finnegans holding zone as early as you can and try to get to the head of the queue that will release you to Stranger Things. If last year is anything to go by this will be the longest queue from the start of the night to the end and you shouldn't be surprised if you see times of greater than 3 hours. Do this house first then come out and head for the houses around the back of Jimmy Fallon. You may get 2 or 3 done before the queues start to grow.
The other holding zone they use is the Hello Kitty area for the house that is behind Shrek. Once you have done this one you can head over to Barnies play area and knock out a couple of the houses quickly as the exits normally lead to the entrance for another one.
Over the course of 3 nights we have easily done all the houses - then on return visits focused on our favourites.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kezza632
Earning More Ears

I done the stay & scream years ago, glad to hear its still an option, does anyone know a rough price for these tickets ?
Kezza632 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928

Originally Posted by Kezza632 View Post
I done the stay & scream years ago, glad to hear its still an option, does anyone know a rough price for these tickets ?
What tickets?
Stay and Scream works with any HHN ticket as long as you also have daytime admission to the park. All the prices for HHN tickets are on Universals website.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
Imagineer

Mobile

My husband a friends husband are going on 23rd October, they only have one night to do it so we purchased them the express pass, if we were going earlier or they had a few days to cover it I wouldnt bother
All Star Sport/POFQ/Dibb Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Yacht Club/Emerald Island/Deerfield Beach - Aug 20
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Trip 4 with fhe parents!
Unread 19 Jun 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU68
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pegasus928 View Post
As you are going multiple nights I would give the Stay and Scream a go and see how it works for you. Fridays will be busy - there is no avoiding that, just so long as you are aware you should be able to plan around it.
The first night you go I would use the Simpsons area holding zone. They generally take you to the back of the park around Men in Black. Here you should be able to do 3 houses minimum - possibly 4 depending on how quickly the crowd moves through the park. After that use the park app to keep a check on queue times and hit another house accordingly. If you want to stay later use the time to enjoy the scare zones and show.
On the second night - provided its not a Friday - go to Finnegans holding zone as early as you can and try to get to the head of the queue that will release you to Stranger Things. If last year is anything to go by this will be the longest queue from the start of the night to the end and you shouldn't be surprised if you see times of greater than 3 hours. Do this house first then come out and head for the houses around the back of Jimmy Fallon. You may get 2 or 3 done before the queues start to grow.
The other holding zone they use is the Hello Kitty area for the house that is behind Shrek. Once you have done this one you can head over to Barnies play area and knock out a couple of the houses quickly as the exits normally lead to the entrance for another one.
Over the course of 3 nights we have easily done all the houses - then on return visits focused on our favourites.
Thanks for this ,I have got the BOGOF tickets for our visit (last 2 wks Sept) and never been before. Want to avoid getting express passes so this snippet of info will help. Dont have Universal tickets as doing Disney this time around.
LOU68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Th13teen
Unread 20 Jun 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928

Originally Posted by LOU68 View Post
Thanks for this ,I have got the BOGOF tickets for our visit (last 2 wks Sept) and never been before. Want to avoid getting express passes so this snippet of info will help. Dont have Universal tickets as doing Disney this time around.
If you don't have Universal tickets you won't be able to utilise Stay and Scream as this only works if you are in the park prior to them kicking our non HHN ticket holders.
Unread 21 Jun 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are there pretty much the same time as you. We have the BOGOF tickets and have chosen to go on two Thursdays (I think 3rd and 10th October) as were hoping they will be the quietest! We will also be doing stay and scream on both nights.
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coronado Springs & Cabana Bay!