Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
My Magic Holiday
Unread 14 Jun 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

Go and explore the island? Catch a bus or book a trip. On the rare occasion we do a lazy holiday we always have options and leave the hotel.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've done a couple of AI, fine for me for a week but any longer I want a car so we can explore.

We've had two cracking holidays in the Algarve. Stayed in a villa, hired a car and explored the west Algarve. Had some amazing meals in stunning settings, had a day at a beach which was full of surfers, great to watch, went fishing for a day, explored Lagos, took a canoe round the caves. And the food is so much better than the food served up in the parks in Disney and Universal. Food was amazing. Fabulous sunsets and stunning scenery.

It is more expensive to hire a villa with a pool in the Algarve but the flights, food and drinks are way cheaper. Jet2 do great cheap flights and it's only 2 hours away.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
New Year in Adelaide
Unread 14 Jun 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

We were just half board
Weve done the palms trips sightseeing bus tours but just not for us
Weve enjoyed local quisine at lunch times even dinner in Palma
We are also lucky no mad rush for sun beds but just not for us
As I said I know Im very lucky to be on holiday, however chalked up to experience and just not for us maybe a few days in a city break
But either way we know we are fortunate to have got away
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Majorca here we come!
Unread 14 Jun 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cybermum View Post
I never understand AI in Europe ...you miss so much. We do our own thing and get off the beaten track.
Sometimes you just want to get away and bask in the sun , something we dont have a lot of in the UK 😉
Im quite happy to spend a week in a decent hotel doing absolutely nothing but relaxing around a pool with a good book , no meals to cook and having my room cleaned, Im not even bothered about entertainment as a nice walk out in the evening suits me fine . We have done trips but Im just as eager to get back to the hotel. After seven days I have recharged my batteries and Im ready to go home .
AI has nothing to do with the holiday really as you can still do trips and sightseeing, you are not confined to the hotel no matter what board you have , many a time on AI we have gone out to eat , its not usually that much of a difference in price and if thats the case we will do AI on the grounds that the food is there if you want it with the option of eating out if the hotel food isnt to your taste .
AI can give the impression of a crowded hotel with sun bed wars and bun fights at meal times and I dont doubt that is the case sometimes , its just a case of choosing the right hotel 😊
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Family Time In Florida
Unread 14 Jun 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Well we have tried it and know its not for us
Onwards to our next adventure together to, whatever that may be
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Majorca here we come!
Unread 14 Jun 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Which hotel are you staying in ? Most 5* hotels have several a-la-carte restaurants you can choose from , we loved our Turkey holidays and used the restaurants , Greek, Chinese, Mexican, Turkish etc .
We didnt notice any smoking , maybe that was just luck but its very hit and miss in Europe as they dont have the same laws as we do regards smoking .
We are at the Royal Dragon. We did have the Asian dining one night but the rest appear to be shut. The sister hotel Taj Mahal next door has a no smoking by pool and food area but youre not allowed to use them.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Vegas
Unread 14 Jun 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
Trying for More Ears

I know how you feel, holidays with my parents were always either Mainland Spain or Balearics and were based around pool time, reading, bars and night time entertainment. I always appreciated how lucky I was to go abroad every year and I didn't know any different until I went to Florida for the first time with my other half.
Having been to Orlando a few times, I can't imagine going back to a beach type holiday. I still love going to Europe though, whether it's city breaks or road trips. It's just personal preference but I'd rather be exploring then relaxing.
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

We had a few days in Spain last year. Whilst it was nice it just wasnt Florida! We only had 3 days but anymore and I would have been bored! 😐
Been to Florida several times throughout the 80's,90's,1999 to see in the millenium,back in Oct 2009 to spread my dads ashes & first time on our own as a family in March 2012. Going back in May 2013 - 1 week Orlando and 1 week St Pete beach. To say I'm excited is an understatement!
Ryles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
August 2020 again!