Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jun 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Really enjoy this. The launch means you're into the ride and enjoying it before you realise IYSWIM.

I definitely prefer this style to the slow climb up the hill at the beginning of other rides.
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

You ask what it comperes to... an enema would be a good comparison
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jewels1207
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Yeah I hate the slow climb up on a ride. Even on Everest I need to look down on the claim upwards. I really hate big drops but the Hulk doesn't look like it's got anything that's too big a drop.
After the take off on the RnR I was smiling the whole way through and when it was over said it was amazing. I'd just love to be able to push myself to go on. I just can't get past the queue stage lol
jewels1207 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jewels1207 View Post
The take off on aerosmith was really scary, I'm dreading it being worse on the Hulk
I don’t think the take off is any worse on Hulk. It’s about the same.

The accelerated launch upwards is the worst bit (well, that and worrying about the ride whilst waiting in the queue). Once the first couple of seconds are over, the rest of the ride is excellent.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post

We did it for the first time this year, my DH did it first without me as I was too scared and when he got off he practically dragged me onto it as he was so sure I would love it (he would not normally insist I do a ride if I say I don't want to). He was right! We did it about four or five times on the trot every day after that.

I can see the parallel with R&R coaster, but I think Hulk is a bit scarier as it is in daylight and you can see the ground. I like the fast starts, I hate roller coasters that start with a slow creep to the top of the first hill. The Hulk felt super safe too, I know they are all safe, but I really felt it on this ride, whereas I can be nervous. It is very smooth to ride as well, I am thinking of Space Mountain when I say that, now that is a ride I feel like I am being flung about on and am more or less decided not to do it again for that reason.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The Hulk is a tame ride compared to the Smiler at Alton Towers. However, for some reason I always get a bad headache after riding the Hulk
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
The Hulk is a tame ride compared to the Smiler at Alton Towers. However, for some reason I always get a bad headache after riding the Hulk
Do you get the same feeling after rock n roller coaster?

The reason I ask, is because the last time I went on RnRC I came off and can only describe it as though I felt like the inside of my head had been shook, and I didn’t feel right for a good couple of hours - not a headache as such, but it actually frightened me a bit as it was such a strange feeling - I’ve been a bit scared to go back on to RnRC, and have never attempted Hulk, although all of this talk of it being a smooth ride and feeling safe, make me want to try it, but I don’t want that weird head feeling, which I was wondering might of been because of the upside down bit?
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Not managed to get my wife on Hulk yet...been working her way up though... runaway train and mummy used to be her limit..but have now managed to get her on rip ride and mako! I recon 2020 will be the year.

In the end they are all safe and not designed to hurt anyone. Human body can only take so much and the ride designers don’t want anyone getting injured. So they are hyper-thrilling but well within the physical comfort zone for a human
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Loved Hulk; good comparison to RnR, but I think the launch is smoother in Hulk. I couldn’t stop grinning all the way around, but I wouldn’t do Ripride Rockit!

Edited at 08:45 AM.
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Very fast and very smooth. Faster and smoother than Aerosmith. Of the three that you mention, Space Mountain is my least favourite as imho, it judders and bangs too much. Of course, you see heights on Hulk, but not the other two.

My wife is scared of big coasters after trying Nemisis at Alton towers 20 years ago, but found she didn’t dislike Cheetah Chase. Whilst she refuses to go on Hulk, she is weighing up Manta. Again, very smooth.

Ripride rockit is rattly , bangy and for me, unpleasant. I have to go on it for my boys or risk enduring non stop chicken noises for the rest of the vacation. I take no pleasure in this one at all. On the plus side, it is frequently broken.

Try a utube video and it might ease your worries.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:27 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List