Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 15 Jun 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
Excited about Disney

Team RH - thanks for the recommendation

To the person who recommended Team RH Fitness on another thread (sorry cant find it now) thank you so much, just over a week in and lost 3.5lb and not feeling deprived or for the first time ever struggling with sugar cravings.
Unread 15 Jun 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Well done on your achievement! 💪🏻

Can I ask, is the app free?
Unread 15 Jun 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
Excited about Disney

Can I ask, is the app free?[/QUOTE]

No, I think its around 5/month plus 20 joining fee but I paid 49/year with no joining fee so big saving and a lot cheaper than I was going to spend rejoining SW. You log all your food on the free version of My Fitness Pal app which then links to RH App. X
Unread 15 Jun 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
Imagineer

Mobile

Ive been trying to motivate myself to start this for ages. Have you managed to get your 15k steps in each day?

I know friends who have really raved about it, so I need to get my backside in gear
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Force is strong with this one
Unread 15 Jun 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
Excited about Disney

My steps are set at 5000/day because Ive got a few ongoing health issues at the moment. However Ive been managing 6-7000 and hit 10,000 one day so trying my best.

My calorie allowance set is 1400/day and this takes into account my steps being 5000/day.

Im working my way through Richies videos and although he has got a potty mouth he is very funny, knowledgeable and passionate about people getting a healthy lifestyle.

I knew I had a sweet tooth and didnt eat too healthily but I was really surprised how unbalanced my diet was, carbs were off the scale and protein and fibre really low. I was eating so much rubbish, skipping meals and not taking responsibility for it.

Ive got a frozen shoulder at the moment which is affecting exercise I can do and just been diagnosed with kidney stones which is causing excruciating pain plus continual utis. This is really a wake-up call for me as the kidney stones have probably been caused by poor diet and definitely not drinking enough fluids.

In the past I would have blamed my poor eating habits on stress (Ive got two children with Asd, plus I suffer from fibromyalgia which effects my sleep) but ultimately I need to make the changes to be as healthy as I can.
Unread 15 Jun 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Im trying to follow a keto diet, low carb high fat and protein
Im still new to it and not sure really what Im doing, but having no sugar has been quite easy for me well up to now!
Good luck op and well done on your first week !
Unread 15 Jun 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tillyjcm View Post
My steps are set at 5000/day because Ive got a few ongoing health issues at the moment. However Ive been managing 6-7000 and hit 10,000 one day so trying my best.

My calorie allowance set is 1400/day and this takes into account my steps being 5000/day.

Im working my way through Richies videos and although he has got a potty mouth he is very funny, knowledgeable and passionate about people getting a healthy lifestyle.

I knew I had a sweet tooth and didnt eat too healthily but I was really surprised how unbalanced my diet was, carbs were off the scale and protein and fibre really low. I was eating so much rubbish, skipping meals and not taking responsibility for it.

Ive got a frozen shoulder at the moment which is affecting exercise I can do and just been diagnosed with kidney stones which is causing excruciating pain plus continual utis. This is really a wake-up call for me as the kidney stones have probably been caused by poor diet and definitely not drinking enough fluids.

In the past I would have blamed my poor eating habits on stress (Ive got two children with Asd, plus I suffer from fibromyalgia which effects my sleep) but ultimately I need to make the changes to be as healthy as I can.

Do they give you an exercise schedule?

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
Im trying to follow a keto diet, low carb high fat and protein
Im still new to it and not sure really what Im doing, but having no sugar has been quite easy for me well up to now!
Good luck op and well done on your first week !

I follow this. Lost over three stone and now maintaining.

Think of it more as Low Carb, Medium Fat , high protein. Also, have you seen Dr Diets page? Loads of recipes etc.
Unread 15 Jun 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
Excited about Disney

Do they give you an exercise schedule?

They do give gym routines using weights etc or exercises if you want to exercise at home. Im not doing these at present due to having frozen shoulder so my calorie allowance is lower to reflect this.

When Im fit I intend to exercise at home (dont like the gym). I am doing a little bit on Wii fit each day and Ive bought a step and Im trying to build up my time using high tempo songs (managed 15 minutes so far).