Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Unread 16 Jun 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
$210 for the full photo package (for all of your party).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal RPR here we come :o)
Unread 16 Jun 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I didn't use a bed of any sort. I was on the go the whole time apart when I was eating and drinking and being on the go there is very relaxing. Did the dolphin swim, SeaVenture and all the other stuff. I don't like sunbathing anyway.
We probably will want to sunbathe and relax at least a bit, seeing as most of our days are going to be on the go. There also seems to be a lot to just explore and I dont want us to miss out on any of it. I think if we decide to go back next time wed do the sea venture that time and miss the dolphin encounter.

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
It's happening!
Unread 16 Jun 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I didn't realise you couldn't change the date if you didn't book directly with them! 😭
MillyMoo is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
We probably will want to sunbathe and relax at least a bit, seeing as most of our days are going to be on the go. There also seems to be a lot to just explore and I dont want us to miss out on any of it. I think if we decide to go back next time wed do the sea venture that time and miss the dolphin encounter.
My days are going to be on the go too. DC is my relax day. But everyone's view of what is relaxing is different. I love splashing around in the water there when I'm not exploring. I find that more relaxing than lying on a sun bed.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third solo trip - back to POFQ!
Unread 16 Jun 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I didn't use a bed of any sort. I was on the go the whole time apart when I was eating and drinking and being on the go there is very relaxing. Did the dolphin swim, SeaVenture and all the other stuff. I don't like sunbathing anyway.
Likewise, there was so much to see and do that I too only sat down for something to eat (& the pre dolphin swim talk).
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW holiday.
Unread 16 Jun 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JDT2019
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
$210 for the full photo package (for all of your party).
What did that include please?
JDT2019 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First WDW Holiday.
Unread 16 Jun 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to give you our experience of visiting on a wet day!

This was the 2nd time we did DC so we booked Seaventure instead of the dolphin swim. Rain was forecast from lunchtime so we got there early, had breakfast and as soon as the water opened at 9 we went in the grand reef to ensure we didn't miss out. Seaventure was at 10 and after we had an early lunch, then it started to rain. It was very heavy and there must have been storms in the area as they closed all the water. We saw no lightning though just rain. Sheltered in a lockers area and loads of people seemed to pack up and go but we stuck it out. It took around 1.5hrs but they did re open everything. So we got more reef time, lazy river, oasis pool etc. Despite the weather (sun never came out) it was still a great day! No sunbathing could happen but lots of water fun. And we did the aviary and met an Armadillo who was super cute.

We did see staff going around at 3pm shouting for those who had the 1pm dolphin swim that their swim was now ready. So if storms disrupt your swim they should be able to reschedule- however the advice is always to get there early and get an early swim time.

We thought Seaventure was superior to the dolphin swim but I can see why you'd want to do the swim as first timers.

Someone above gave you advice on brining a waterproof camera- while this is a great idea for the reef etc, you are not allowed to bring this into the dolphin swim. You either have a family member stand on the shore taking pics or you buy their pics. If you do Seaventure they will loan you a camera but of course the pics will cost you. We also use an Olympus Tough TG-4 as it takes everything we throw at it all holiday.

When we bought the package in 2017 it was around $250 for all the digital photos, the dvd, an album, a photo frame, some prints and a large poster print. I believe now you don't get the dvd you get a beach towel instead. If you email DC and ask they will send you all the photo package prices and details.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time at Disney!
Unread 18 Jun 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
Serious Dibber

I have some more questions!

I saw online there was a Black Friday sale this last year for discovery cove, is this a regular thing? Should I wait until Black Friday this year to book or would I risk missing out- we go Sept 2020? Is the discount worth holding out for Black Friday?

Also I've been watching a lot of videos and I'm confused about swimming costumes- not the most major issue I know- do you need to bring them? I've seen people in the wetsuits before their dolphin swim and then like wet body suits when doing the river and snorkelling, so are you not supposed to bring your own swimming costumes?

And lastly, my friend has really sensitive skin. I know there's not really a way to know for sure- she's never been 100% sure what she is allergic to in products but some shower gels and sun screens give her a rash. Does anyone else have sensitive skin + what was your reaction to the sun cream they have at DC?

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
It's happening!