Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Florida Tix
Unread 18 Jun 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Administrator

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Yes you need a swimming costume to go under the wetsuit or vest.

There is nothing to stop you using your own sun cream at DC. They provide their own but it is not mandatory to use it. I always use my own and put it on before leaving the hotel.

Edited at 05:32 PM.
SMAX is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

You are supposed to use their sunscreen as it is safe for the marine life unlike the majority of normal sunscreen. While nobody is standing around watching you to check, if you bring your own you should ensure its a reef safe sunscreen.

Yes wear a swimming costume! The wetsuits and vests go over it. You have to wear them in the water but when on your lounger etc you can just wear your swimwear.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time at Disney!
Unread 18 Jun 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Very Serious Dibber

Top tips for DC

1. Taxi/Uber there as the alcohol is included!

2. If you can afford it, get a cabana. We got one on the spur of the moment and it was fab! Especially when it poured with rain for an hour. We had shelter and drinks. Would definitely do this again.
Unread 18 Jun 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Very Serious Dibber

Though of another!

3. If you have one, bring your GoPro, we took some fantastic footage of the Grand Reef, which is by far IMO the best bit of DC.
Unread 18 Jun 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
monkfish72
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
And lastly, my friend has really sensitive skin. I know there's not really a way to know for sure- she's never been 100% sure what she is allergic to in products but some shower gels and sun screens give her a rash. Does anyone else have sensitive skin + what was your reaction to the sun cream they have at DC?
My girlfriend is allergic to almost everything! She was absolutely fine, I think their suncreams exactly the opposite of others, it has no nasties so as to not harm the fish
monkfish72 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
You are supposed to use their sunscreen as it is safe for the marine life unlike the majority of normal sunscreen. While nobody is standing around watching you to check, if you bring your own you should ensure its a reef safe sunscreen
If you are allergic to the vast majority of sunscreens, as my son is, it is simply not possible to ensure that he uses a reef safe sunscreen. Discovery Cove were very clear when I asked them that people were welcome to use their own sunscreen and did not specify that it needed to be of a particular type.
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our second 'once in a lifetime' trip...
Unread 18 Jun 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

The sea venture is absolutely worth it and I didnt find it felt too crammed .

Ive done DC twice, once just dolphin swim and the second time with Dolphin Swim and SeaVenture. We still had time to see and do everything and we had a nap! Definitely worth it .
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Beautiful Wedding!
Unread 19 Jun 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
hjanea46
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great discount booking the dolphin swim package on black (blue) Friday last year for this summer. I think it was around 40 more for the 4 of us than the non swim non black Friday booking for 2 years ago. If it's for next year book in November. I think there was the whole week up to black Friday when it was cheaper.

Helen.
hjanea46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POR again- N will be 6 at MK!
Florida Tix