Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Florida Tix
Unread 17 Jun 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
That's exactly my point, the same people in the same line on the same ride with the same capacity. You basically make the decision whether to allow some last minute guests to queue jump or not. Big benefit for the few that snap up cancelled fastpasses, or small benefit to the rest of the queue because if you don't cancel, theres nobody legitimately queue jumping ahead of them.

With paper fastpasses technically it was the same swings and roundabouts, but I was able to see the people that benefitted and selfishly that made me feel better. The facelessness of the computerised system takes that away.

Booking stuff you might not use and denying others opportunity to do so, is a different question altogether, I'm simply saying that if you have a fastpass booked which you realise you won't use, cancelling it doesn't make you any better than somebody that doesn't... in my opinion, and I'm quite happy if you want to think differently.
Thats assuming that everyone is cancelling at the last minute, Im sure thats not the case.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Finally staying at Caribbean Beach
Unread 17 Jun 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We have 2 days during our onsite where KSC and BB are planned. But I will book FP anyway.

Plans might change due to young kids or weather, plus we might try a flying visit to use them. Or maybe not.

At the point i know we wont use them i will release them.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2 days AMI, 1 week CBR & 1 Week Villa!
Unread 17 Jun 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jewels1207
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Originally Posted by WDWfangirl View Post
I'm going to try and book an FOP fastpass for a water park day. Knowing what I'm like we will almost certainly use it rather than decide not to go to the park. If we did then we would cancel it. I assumed, just like with ADR's, that fastpasses would then be re-released. If I knew for certain that they would not be re-released then I would think twice before booking them.
They do get re released but if ppl wait til the morning of or just before the ride time to cancel then it doesn't allow ppl that have had to book alternative fastpasses the opportunity to get better ones that might have been snapped up by ppl who may not have had much intention of using them
jewels1207 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jewels1207 View Post
They do get re released but if ppl wait til the morning of or just before the ride time to cancel then it doesn't allow ppl that have had to book alternative fastpasses the opportunity to get better ones that might have been snapped up by ppl who may not have had much intention of using them
But you do of course allow somebody else to get them, somebody that might have been looking at an hour plus, suddenly is able to save that hour because they get your fastpass, with the flipside that everyone in the queue now suddenly has somebody that couldn't skip ahead of them, able to do so.
If you look at the big picture, somebody gains and somebody loses out whatever you do.
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
We have 2 days during our onsite where KSC and BB are planned. But I will book FP anyway.

Plans might change due to young kids or weather, plus we might try a flying visit to use them. Or maybe not.

At the point i know we wont use them i will release them.

That's exactly what we did. I knew we would be going to KSC to meet my cousins one day and later in the week Universal. I booked Epcot the same fastpasses Monday and Tuesday. Hollywood studios the same for Wednesday and Thursday. I cancelled the days we didn't need as soon as the plans were confirmed.

Probably more than half of our planned days changed once we got there due to bad weather/rest days needed etc. It was easy enough to cancel and change things to another park or modify the times till later in the day if needed.

I will add we are always off site so booking the scraps at 30 days. Never got any fop or slinky dog etc.

Edited at 04:27 PM.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our 15th 'Once in a lifetime' holiday
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Griff_389 View Post
How does it not make a difference cancelling them?
If every visitor took fast passes when theyre not likely to use them, theyd be nothing left for others.
At least if you cancel them theyre available for someone else to book.
Personally I think booking them when youre not expecting to use them is a little selfish.
Cancelling fastpasses does not guarantee that they go back in the system straight away to be then booked by someone else especially if cancelled on the day, it could take some time and even then not be available at all.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Flights booked! Newbie in Tow
Unread 17 Jun 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
That's exactly my point, the same people in the same line on the same ride with the same capacity. You basically make the decision whether to allow some last minute guests to queue jump or not. Big benefit for the few that snap up cancelled fastpasses, or small benefit to the rest of the queue because if you don't cancel, theres nobody legitimately queue jumping ahead of them.

With paper fastpasses technically it was the same swings and roundabouts, but I was able to see the people that benefitted and selfishly that made me feel better. The facelessness of the computerised system takes that away.

Booking stuff you might not use and denying others opportunity to do so, is a different question altogether, I'm simply saying that if you have a fastpass booked which you realise you won't use, cancelling it doesn't make you any better than somebody that doesn't... in my opinion, and I'm quite happy if you want to think differently.
Thinking differently is what forums are all about. :-)

If I had a fast pass Id be off enjoying another ride/attraction while waiting for the time slot. Without one Id have to stand in that queue for an extended amount of time. It may not make a queue any slower potentially, but it helps guests enjoy more rides.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal Endless Summer in...
Unread 18 Jun 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
monkfish72
Trying for More Ears

You call it fast pass, I call it queue jumping

The true spirit of Disney is to book a fast pass, but don't use it and queue for the ride in standby

galit!
monkfish72 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Attraction Tickets Direct