Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Kissimmee Swamp Tours
Unread 16 Jun 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Keithdavies175 View Post
I guess it also depends on if you intend to return any time soon. I leave at the same time as you and will be braving the 29th.

I figure... One painful day to get a look around the new land (If we get in) will be worth it.

I bagged a breakfast ADR as an insurance policy incase the whole park gets to capacity. Although it's more likely the land will be at capacity not the park.
Thanks for this tip. I just managed to get an adr at Hollywood and Vine for 9 am. Will we be guaranteed to get in?

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 Royal Pacific Resort, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs 2020 Feb half term villa chilling
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
When 1 countdown closes, another 1 opens
Unread 16 Jun 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Keithdavies175
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Thanks for this tip. I just managed to get an adr at Hollywood and Vine for 9 am. Will we be guaranteed to get in?
Its something I will be researching while I am there in the weeks leading up to the opening.

At this point an ADR can do no harm as it can be cancelled. I could be wrong but if HS hits park capacity I will be surprised.
Keithdavies175 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the Beach Club
Unread 16 Jun 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

This comment is exactly why I have gone from panic mode to chilled about our break post SWGE opening ... apologies to the poster but the opening in California has been calm, controlled and barely no impact on other areas of the parks... Im not saying Orlando will be the same, probably far from it ... but I am confident Disney will control it so to maintain the magic

Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
i would be in different state lol no id stay clear if california was anything to go bye that was chaotic and so crammed
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The one when we turn 40 and 50!
Unread 17 Jun 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
So it doesn't guarantee no but it gives you more chance. Disney shutting down a park works in stages and basically ADR people are one of the final stages for shut down. If it reaches capacity then it will start running threw the shut down stages but it is rare a park will reach the last stage where ADRs get cancelled. That said, I think we might reach this stage on the 29th as I think there is going to be chaos but who knows for sure.

This explains the shut down policy - touringplans/walt-disney...acity-closures and an ADR would mean you would be still admitted up to and including Stage 3 closure. A Stage 4 closure is the rarest kind and is what I suspect will happen on the 29th but no one can really predict.

Edited at 08:34 AM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Solo cruise & wdw
Unread 17 Jun 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We also have some adrs booked as a back up to get into the park in the first few days. I can only imagine it will be crazy though and not sure we will even attempt it. I wish they had used some kind d of reservation system like they have in California. We can't even benefit from 6am extra magic hours for onsite only as we leave to come home on the 1st.
Unread 17 Jun 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

If people really do plan on queuing from the night before Disney will need to have something in place to control that.

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time QSDP at CSR!
Unread 17 Jun 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

This pretty much sums it up

toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We weren't supposed to be going... :o)
Unread 17 Jun 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
We also have some adrs booked as a back up to get into the park in the first few days. I can only imagine it will be crazy though and not sure we will even attempt it. I wish they had used some kind d of reservation system like they have in California. We can't even benefit from 6am extra magic hours for onsite only as we leave to come home on the 1st.
I think the problem with reservations in Disneyworld is there are far too many hotel rooms compared to Disneyland, there are too many to give everyone a reservation, the idea is to keep the crowds Down, giving extra extra magic hours gives people a choice and hopefully will spread the crowds out!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn 2013,lakebuena vista resort 2015, Santa Fe Paris 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris 2018,Clarion inn 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coronado Spring here we come!
Kenwood Travel