Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Not sure if I should be pleased that others are in my predicament or whether its sad that were spending a big proportion of our lives being somewhere we dont want to be.

I suppose it makes the breaks from work and the holidays all the more satisfying when they arrive 😊

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
cheeky 5 nights for DW 40th
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Ive got 6 years until I reach state pension age, and as much as Id like to, I wont be able to retire until then.
I dont hate my job, but it can be and usually is very physical and as much as I dont like to admit it, sometimes I struggle.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Northern Europe on the Anthem of the Sea
Unread 17 Jun 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
The job Im in at the moment is the best Ive ever had so far, the actual company is great to work for and the other people I work with are also great.

But...Id never ever be happy working I dont think, I get really bad anxiety about going to work and if Im off for a holiday the thought of going back makes me ill. Im such a home person, I like the comfort of home and if do go out, I like to be with those closest to me.

Even if I could work just 3 days a week, I think that would suit me better.

Edited at 05:06 PM.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A trip to the French Quarter!
Unread 17 Jun 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
Imagineer

I am semi retired too, a small nhs pension, (a non working OH), and a very part time job... I work 9 hours a week from home, 3 x 2 hour shifts and 1 x 3 hours, fri pm, sat and sun am and mon pm, I let them know the month before what Id like to work and they give me the shifts. The pay is enough to save us using savings till the state pension comes in January but its so easy to do from home Im actually not packing in while I can still work.
The job is interesting, Im still learning after 45+ years as a nurse/midwife, I get great support from management, access to the training I need (paid) and its seriously the best job Ive ever had... Im also a reflective supervisor which I can do as part of my hours and that adds variety...
I still sometimes feel I cant be bothered to move to my little office at times, but Im fine when I get my bum off the sofa...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater

Edited at 05:25 PM.
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
Even if I could work just 3 days a week, I think that would suit me better.
TBH - planning ahead I intend to gradually knock days off as I get closer to retirement. Theres no way I want to be doing a 5 day week when Im 60

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
cheeky 5 nights for DW 40th
Unread 17 Jun 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I'm fortunate to have gone down to half a week doing job share. One week I do three days and the next two days. I quite enjoy my job but like doing it less hours.
At almost 57 I have another 10 years to state pension age , but I'll get my modest civil service pension at 60. I work for local government now and won't get that pension for ages

Edited at 07:21 AM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Planning the budget trip
Unread 17 Jun 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I love my job, need to think about leaving this particular school as management are incredibly weak but the actual job I do I love and couldnt imagine doing anything else. It is frustrating when you work in an unsupportive environment and management dont engage with you are your work but Im keeping my fingers crossed something else comes up.
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The return!
Unread 17 Jun 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I changed my job in April. Still with the same company but I now have a field role instead of a shop based role. I was so ready for a change, I dont think I could have continued if I hadnt. Its given me a new lease of life and I certainly think this will take me through till Im 60, albeit I dont think I will retire at that age. Maybe 65. I had to take a slight salary cut, but with a car allowance and fuel paid for I break even.
I actually dont mind getting up and going to work now and Ive changed from 5 over 7 to Monday - Friday which is also so new for me. Ive worked weekends since I was 15 and Im 48 now!
I am so grateful that I had this opportunity as its changed my working life completely.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Big 5-0 Trip on a Ship &Yacht