Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
My Magic Holiday
Unread 17 Jun 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Essex police has been given extra funding to tackle knife crime!
But this doesn't help with the idiots who as we've said have no respect for the law. It just means more funds to cover the additional paperwork to write up the reports of 'they got away'
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida honeymoon time
Unread 17 Jun 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

In London at least, probably elsewhere too, its mainly drugs/gangs/prostitution related - they are one vicious circle.

My nephew works so many extra hours, often for time off in lieu instead of overtime. Trouble is trying to take the time off - only possible by another officer doing overtime to cover, and they have the same issue getting their extra time off !

Hes also used in other sections of the Met - the other week he was sent at short notice on embassy duty up in the west end because the diplomatic div was short staffed.

His team have waited 3 weeks on occasion to get a search warrant to do a dawn raid looking for drugs etc in a residential property,

The whole crime and criminal justice system needs a real shake-up, and that would need mega investment. Not going to happen is it ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Essex police has been given extra funding to tackle knife crime!
The issue is there are no more officers to deal with it - throwing money at it is for overtime etc - most front line officers DO NOT WANT the overtime or re-rostered rest days.

some met officers are at 50+ days straight in a row as they are having rest days cancelled etc and are not allowed leave.

So when they say "we have extra officers on the street" what they mean is they have either robbed peter to pay paul or they are not giving front line staff any rest!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Baltics on Britannia - brillant!
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
Excited about Disney

My daughter does a self defense class. The man who runs it says teenagers are far more likely to be victims of knife crime than any other age.
Absolutely terrifying
Purplefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Not another music festival !
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
The issue is there are no more officers to deal with it -
throwing money at it is for overtime etc - most front line officers DO NOT WANT the overtime or re-rostered rest day
s.

some met officers are at 50+ days straight in a row as they are having rest days cancelled etc and are not allowed leave.

So when they say "we have extra officers on the street" what they mean is they have either robbed peter to pay paul or they are not giving front line staff any rest!

This is exactly the same scenario as the NHS before I retired. I could find the money to pay overtime and extra nurses, by cutting back elsewhere , BUT no one wanted the overtime, no one wants to be a nurse... and TBH despite a thirty year career I would not want any of my family entering any of the public services
, underpaid , undervalued and disrespected
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

I would be beyond terrified to have teenagers and to live in any of these areas, or big cities. The world is truly such a scary place!

I am so grateful for all the public services and for the great work they all do, especially in these areas, I really am.
One of our sons is a student nurse and although his plans are currently to join the RAF as an officer as soon as he can after qualifying , he has to work as a nurse for 2 years after first and I so hope he chooses st stay here as it is (relatively) safer rather than joining some friends who have moved to the London area.

Florida - 04, 05, 06, 08, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Cruises - 17 - Caribbean, 18 - Canaries, Far East/India/Dubai, Caribbean, Mexico, , , 19 - Med, China/Japan/HK+more
Other USA - California Nevada Arizona Utah New York New Mexico Colorado
Cloverlady is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Venice cruise - then Disney CSR in Jan!
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
there was a piece on Radio four this morning about Liverpool. Kids as young as 11 and 12 are being paid up to one thousand pounds to stab other youngsters.

Its really a Huge issue now, not sure what the answer is
WHY? Who on earth is paying kids to stab other kids & why? Who has 1K to do that and why for goodness sake just WHY!
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
WHY? Who on earth is paying kids to stab other kids & why? Who has 1K to do that and why for goodness sake just WHY!
My thoughts too It just doesn't bear thinking a bout does it?
I'm guessing this has to be related to gang/drug disputes etc though between older teens and not just random acts of violence? Not that stabbing anyone whatever age or whatever for is ever not totally horrific...

Florida - 04, 05, 06, 08, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Cruises - 17 - Caribbean, 18 - Canaries, Far East/India/Dubai, Caribbean, Mexico, , , 19 - Med, China/Japan/HK+more
Other USA - California Nevada Arizona Utah New York New Mexico Colorado
Cloverlady is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Venice cruise - then Disney CSR in Jan!
QuickSilver